Been trying to sell beats online for 3 years and nothing

Im not saying that i dont wanna work I can't lie to u bro saying that i have does tracks but i really don't . If u asked me to send the beats what would I do ? make the beats in real time and send ? no I'm a producer i can turn ur idea in to reality.

Focusing on my zip ? lol man i tried to team up with rappers for song writing and producing songs here nobody is serious about it because my country we are kinda poor and people don't buy beats (90%) the rest they prefer working with their own producers .The few artists that make a lot of money here are the ones that have their own producers to make beats and they don't leave them most of the time.

OK i wont lie I had a time that people were looking for me and wanted to buy beats a year later a raised the beat price they started to dessapear
lol . Thats why now im trying this online beat selling thing .there a lot of things i could tell u to make u understand

A word of advice. The next time someone like Desire says they're looking to buy beats. Just PM him and see what he's looking for. After you're clear on what he wants, tell him that you'll get him 2-3 drafts of some tracks in a week. That gives you time to work on it. Don't come up with reasons why someone won't hire you. Once you come up with those reasons, those reasons become a reality just like in your case.

I'll bet that a big reason why you haven't made much money in 3 years is because you are waiting for someone to hand you some money. I encourage you to go grab it because money is waiting for you to take it. You're just not taking it just like in the case of Desire offering you an opportunity.

All the best

A word of advice. The next time someone like Desire says they're looking to buy beats. Just PM him and see what he's looking for. After you're clear on what he wants, tell him that you'll get him 2-3 drafts of some tracks in a week. That gives you time to work on it. Don't come up with reasons why someone won't hire you. Once you come up with those reasons, those reasons become a reality just like in your case.

I'll bet that a big reason why you haven't made much money in 3 years is because you are waiting for someone to hand you some money. I encourage you to go grab it because money is waiting for you to take it. You're just not taking it just like in the case of Desire offering you an opportunity.

All the best

lol dude I did that . I even told him to add me on skype so we could work in real time he telling me what he want and I make the beat in front of him but looks like he doesn't have time for that . He told me he just wanted 3 pop.. etc records and send to his e-mail .. I'm not starting to make beats here .
I got experience with people directly I make beats for 6 years . But on the online beat game I didn't have a lot of luck ,that's why I'm asking for ideas .

I know u tried to help but that is not the point here .

I want marketing strategies , where to go who to look for,if I need to pay for ads or not how many people i should connect with . That's what I need I don't make a living with music I really don't need to but i got my dreams and music is one of them .

I have 2 beats tapes one has been taking down because they closed megaupload .
But I also released one more I had a few downloads because I didn't promote correctly . I need marketing tips

Last edited:
lol dude I did that . I even told him to add me on skype so we could work in real time he telling me what he want and I make the beat in front of him but looks like he doesn't have time for that . He told me he just wanted 3 pop.. etc records and send to his e-mail ..

Don't even worry about it. Good luck with your career.

@freezyy, I have helped a few producers be able to sell beats but the real thing is you have to put in the work. I have help 10 producers and out of the 10 only two did the work and only 1 out of the two made a steady 200-300 a month. Hit me up if you need help.

lol dude I did that . I even told him to add me on skype so we could work in real time he telling me what he want and I make the beat in front of him but looks like he doesn't have time for that . He told me he just wanted 3 pop.. etc records and send to his e-mail .. I'm not starting to make beats here .
I got experience with people directly I make beats for 6 years . But on the online beat game I didn't have a lot of luck ,that's why I'm asking for ideas .

I know u tried to help but that is not the point here .

I want marketing strategies , where to go who to look for,if I need to pay for ads or not how many people i should connect with . That's what I need I don't make a living with music I really don't need to but i got my dreams and music is one of them .

I have 2 beats tapes one has been taking down because they closed megaupload .
But I also released one more
I had a few downloads because I didn't promote correctly . I need marketing tips

check this out here for help with marketing
here

-Coach Antonio

Last edited:
@freezyy, I have helped a few producers be able to sell beats but the real thing is you have to put in the work. I have help 10 producers and out of the 10 only two did the work and only 1 out of the two made a steady 200-300 a month. Hit me up if you need help.

Will do. :)

What I do is look up the closet college campus for instance let's say I lived around Columbia,MO I would type in #MU in twitter. I would look through all the pages find music related shit. Message all those people. 9/10 they get back when you tell them your local. I met two clients this week doing that for less than 5 minutes..

Seriously, it's that easy. I've sent out emails of my soundcloud to about 20 people. I got two verified artists wanting me to start sending them more, I got a female singer I'm trading production work for vocal. Seriously if you're good, you'll be alright.

What I do is look up the closet college campus for instance let's say I lived around Columbia,MO I would type in #MU in twitter. I would look through all the pages find music related shit. Message all those people. 9/10 they get back when you tell them your local. I met two clients this week doing that for less than 5 minutes..

Seriously, it's that easy. I've sent out emails of my soundcloud to about 20 people. I got two verified artists wanting me to start sending them more, I got a female singer I'm trading production work for vocal. Seriously if you're good, you'll be alright.

Thanks for the idea bro . But in my country music doesn't really give people money

k so Im new here and i don't really know where should i start selling my beats.

when i tried soundclick i didn't sell nothing tried rocbattle the same thing i want to know how you experts in the beat selling game sell your beats online how did u manage to get people to your pages.

Been trying to sell beats online for 3 years and nothing comes up . I think im doing something wrong i can get plays but i never get to sale nothing and i know my beats are dope .So what do you experts suggest to me ?

If you want to sell beats, the most important thing is to figure how you can get targeted traffic for the kind of beats that you make. You can choose to do the type of beats that people already buy which is easier to do. If you choose to make beats that you prefer you may disqualify a lot or potential buyers. If you don't have a lot of money to spend on advertising than don't even try to play that game.

I suggest you set up shop and be an active member of a community where your targets hang out all the time. You can build a mailing list to bring repeat traffic back to your beats. Find a way to provide value and avoid spamming your link. The easiest way to build up some activity is to give things of great value away. This is why you see some people give away free beats. Just let people know that not all of your material is free. Forums and blogs are free places to get super targeted traffic.

Social media is good but it can be much slower in terms of the speed of results you get. The best way to make sales in social is through one on one direct conversations. This is why effective use of social media is slower. People that just spam their link in status messages don't really see too much benefit most of the time although they may get lucky sometimes. The more engagment you have with your followers though, the more they will trust you and your links. Basically what I'm trying to say is steal traffic ethically from free communities. Once you start making good money then start to do paid ads to speed up activity.

Last edited:
If you want to sell beats, the most important thing is to figure how you can get targeted traffic for the kind of beats that you make. You can choose to do the type of beats that people already buy which is easier to do. If you choose to make beats that you prefer you may disqualify a lot or potential buyers. If you don't have a lot of money to spend on advertising than don't even try to play that game.

I suggest you set up shop and be an active member of a community where your targets hang out all the time. You can build a mailing list to bring repeat traffic back to your beats. Find a way to provide value and avoid spamming your link. The easiest way to build up some activity is to give things of great value away. This is why you see some people give away free beats. Just let people know that not all of your material is free. Forums and blogs are free places to get super targeted traffic.

Social media is good but it can be much slower in terms of the speed of results you get. The best way to make sales in social is through one on one direct conversations. This is why effective use of social media is slower. People that just spam their link in status messages don't really see too much benefit most of the time although they may get lucky sometimes. The more engagment you have with your followers though, the more they will trust you and your links. Basically what I'm trying to say is steal traffic ethically from free communities. Once you start making good money then start to do paid ads to speed up activity.

Best tip I got now

The best tips on here. It's alot of learning to sale beats and mainly alot of action but its all worth it. So far we have made $1,000+ into May and the tips Rockaway described is a good way to get started.

when i tried soundclick i didn't sell nothing tried rocbattle the same thing i want to know how you experts in the beat selling game sell your beats online how did u manage to get people to your pages.

Been trying to sell beats online for 3 years and nothing comes up . I think im doing something wrong i can get plays but i never get to sale nothing and i know my beats are dope .So what do you experts suggest to me ?

First off fam I commend you on pursuing your goal to be an online beat seller. I’ve been selling beats online for about 7 years now. For a long time Soundclick was my primary source of beat sales, but since then a lot has changed. I’m still with Soundclick, but I get a lot of my sales through social media marketing. I would suggest looking into buying ad-space through different websites. I was fortunate to get the knowledge from a lot of great online producers just by taking a chance and hitting them up. The guy that really helped take my sales to the next level is my homie Epik Da Dawn. He taught me that you really do have to spend money to make money, but if you do…you will get a HUGE return on your investment. Back in the good ole days of Soundclick it wasn’t uncommon to spend $200 on ads and make $2000 in a week. It’s still possible, but the climate is now heavily populated with bedroom producers shooting to turn their dreams into a full-time gig. I would advise you to continue chasing your ambitions. Don’t buy into these e-books like a lot of people did. Find a mentor that’s doing what you want to do and ask them questions. In seven years I’ve been able to go from selling beats for $150 to $1200 all because I didn’t give up. Hit me up anytime if you have questions fam. Good luck!
Krazyjay

Hi! If your beats have a descent quality, you shouldn't sell exclusive right for $100 but much more. Sometimes, when the price is too low, people just think that the quality is bad...

---------- Post added at 05:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:10 PM ----------

thats a good idea too thanks bro.I tried that for a while most artist don't respond the ones that respond don't have money to pay for the beats i was charging like exclusive rights for 100$ .And if they wanted to lease i would send him a link where they can lease but still nothing

Hi! If your beats have a descent quality, you shouldn't sell exclusive right for $100 but much more. Sometimes, when the price is too low, people just think that the quality is bad... Good luck! :)

You need to put your stuff out there for free, and have it available to download untagged. Youtube, soundcloud, etc...

Beats and music are free, but people will support and buy if you are selling your beats/music on a website. I get random sales from people who heard my beats/music on sites like soundcloud, youtube, etc...

Word of mouth is the best advertising/marketing that you need to know. I'm just keepin it real

The exposure from having your music everywhere on the net and fans will bring you sales. I just wish I knew this a year ago..I would literally be set, but I got stuck in that mindset of trying to "market" my beats and only cared about the selling part. Don't forget about the sharing your creations part. That's what we started this for in the first place remember

Bottom line is create your own website, create your own brand image and people will start coming to you to buy beats (considering that the beats are good). This is a good blog post that breaks it down

Euphony Beats » How To Sell Beats

Create your brand and get on the Euphony player.
http://euphonybeats.com

And work, work ,work.

It's what I have done it works! So many people focus on letting other websites to do the marketing for them. This is a mistake. Sure, you could use these other websites to give them a taste of your work, but you should direct them back to your own website. I learned the hard way that the only person that is going to help you make it is YOU. Your own website is an extension of YOU.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hmm. Why don't you learn to sell? There must be salespeople where you live, are there not? Even if the only thing they sell is the fruit that fell of their tree, or the fish they caught that day, someone is always selling something.

You think that people don't have $100 for a beat?! HA! Man, they're buying shoes that cost $150, which is $50 MORE than the asking price for your beat. But you're not going to shove that in their face, are you? That's your problem. You need to tell them that buying that fourth pair of stupid shoes for $150 isn't going to jumpstart their rap careers, and that they're still going to be living under their mothers' roofs until they're 40 unless they make investments in your beats.

Here's the thing:
When people on the internet tell you that they don't have money, how does it benefit you to act as though they are telling the truth? The fact of the matter is that they're lying often enough that you'll never know. They have enough disposable money, but they're not certain that spending it on your product would make them happier. They'd rather spend it on a retarded different color scheme of Jordans, because they know it gives them a rush of joy.

People need help imagining how your product or service can make them feel good. The funny thing is that people will tell you EXACTLY what you need to sell to them. Just ask them what they like, and why! For example, many people buy high-priced shoes because they look nicer than what everyone else is wearing, which in turn helps them to feel special, which in turn causes them to feel that others envy them, which helps them to feel accepted/loved. Will your beats help them feel loved?

-Ki
Salem Beats

P.S. You spent 6 years focusing on making music, and I'd bet that when you started, it was a struggle. Selling is equally interesting and equally challenging, with plenty of diverse techniques and styles. Spend the same amount of time seriously studying sales as a topic and profession, and I'm absolutely certain that your sales will skyrocket once you apply what you learn.

Last edited:
Back