101 music contracts binder / CD

As a music attorney, I have to say that while the music contract sites and books are great and a "form" or boilerplate agreement is better (sometimes) than nothing, I would sincerely caution taking legal and business matters on yourself without an attorney. There is no such thing as a form contract, just as there is no such thing as a "standard" hit-making beat.

I have seen too many people get royally screwed because they didn't invest in legal advice custom-tailored to their unique situation. I have also seen a lot of crappy music contracts out there (even from major record labels).

So just take form contracts with a grain of salt and consider hiring a music attorney when your rights and income are at stake.

Thats a steal. Anyone who thinks its too expensive has never paid an attorney $400 an hour. And may possibly have downloaded a cracked version of fruity loops and downloaded some free drum samples and some clasic soul mp3s & calls himself a "producer" & his mom's computer is "the lab".

$100 investment in your craft is absolutely nothing.

Not to say you still don't need an attorney of course, but what a great deal for a CD Rom full of boilerplates!

That is a cheap price for all of those contracts. That is 1 dollar a contract. I am going to get this because I got some new artists plus I produce for a lot of people. I would use this until the money starts coming in. When the money starts coming in, I will let a lawyer evaluate the contracts and change what ever needs to be changed. Everything is already in black and white so this is like having something to fall back on.

IncredibleBeatMaker said:
Thats a steal. Anyone who thinks its too expensive has never paid an attorney $400 an hour. And may possibly have downloaded a cracked version of fruity loops and downloaded some free drum samples and some clasic soul mp3s & calls himself a "producer" & his mom's computer is "the lab".

$100 investment in your craft is absolutely nothing.

Not to say you still don't need an attorney of course, but what a great deal for a CD Rom full of boilerplates!

hey you got to start somewhere. lol

I go to Berklee, so we have all that contract stuff available to us as students. I suppose $100 is a lot less than a 4 year education, but either one works, depending on what path you're on.

TranceBoyProductions said:
i downloaded them of the edonkey network ;) ahhh edonkey has saved me thousands on software =)
what is the edonkey network?? is it like torrents or something?

Darth Reavn said:
Yo..... I got a few people lines up to buy beats from me but I aint giving them out till i get some contracts.......

I looks like what I'm going to need is

Musician Work-For-Hire Agreement
Producer Contract (single deal - percentage of profits)
Producer Contract (single deal - traditional royalty)
Producer Contract (album deal - percentage of profits)
Producer Contract (album deal - traditional royalty)
Recording Artist Contract (single deal - percentage of profits)
Recording Artist Contract (single deal - traditional royalty)
Recording Artist Contract (album deal - percentage of profits)
Recording Artist Contract (album deal - traditional royalty)
Compilation License Agreement (Exclusive)
Compilation License Agreement (Non-exclusive)
Engineer Work-For-Hire Agreement

iight so where can I get them.... I have a couple of websites on file already and I don't really want to pay money for these.......

anybody know where i could get some???

www.modernbeats.com

Its not worth it.

You can research all of your info about the Music Biz on the internet.
You can download word documents of music biz contracts.

Why the hell should you have to pay 90-some bucks for something you can get for free?

These really aren't any better.

Back