101 music contracts binder / CD

It seems worth it though - I think you'd make it back up quick if business goes well.

Good luck

There are some really good books out there about the music industry from a legal and financial stand point.There is a whole lot of money to made in the music industry.it kind of makes me cringe when I hear about artist who claim they are being taken by their record companys.The information is out there you just have to take the time to learn all that you can.Don't let someone tell you that all legal the stuff in the music industry is too complicated it's not it comes down to "Dollars and Sense". If you understand the concept of money and how it's made then recording contracts are not hard to understand.

Yo..... I got a few people lines up to buy beats from me but I aint giving them out till i get some contracts.......

I looks like what I'm going to need is

Musician Work-For-Hire Agreement
Producer Contract (single deal - percentage of profits)
Producer Contract (single deal - traditional royalty)
Producer Contract (album deal - percentage of profits)
Producer Contract (album deal - traditional royalty)
Recording Artist Contract (single deal - percentage of profits)
Recording Artist Contract (single deal - traditional royalty)
Recording Artist Contract (album deal - percentage of profits)
Recording Artist Contract (album deal - traditional royalty)
Compilation License Agreement (Exclusive)
Compilation License Agreement (Non-exclusive)
Engineer Work-For-Hire Agreement

iight so where can I get them.... I have a couple of websites on file already and I don't really want to pay money for these.......

anybody know where i could get some???

thanks mano. this is a great resource. i been lookin up contracts but having them all in one package is definately a MAJOR plus.

mano 1
I have a question i plan to buy this book but if i live in canada will this book would be relevant to me for my indie our does a contract stay contract, that doesn't change from where ya came from thanx mano to answer my reply

WWW.HOMEGROWNENTERTAINMENT.COM

I have a free downloadable contract for producers and beat makers that allows you to receive a fee as well as royalties if desired
also the contract is fully customizable so go download it use it and protect yourself and your music.

scroll down the page the download is underneath the recording packages

enjoy

Brian G

Hey i have heard of famous artists gettin squeezed out of there doe by fukt up contracts....

basicly they didnt study law aye or the legal side of musik!!!

veryy stuppid!!! and great resources mano 1

Last edited by a moderator:
A good thing, this is, Mano.

Also some good compliments to this book are the legal books from Nolo Press, namely Patent, Copyright & Trademark and Getting Permission - How To License & Clear Copyrighted Materials Online & Off, both of which can even be obtained likely from your local library, freely.

Back