Requesting information about getting a local band "out there"

Jcp22187

Hey, My name is John Proetta and I currently coordinate a local band and handle all Public relations. We have played at numerous local venues, open mics, graduation parties, sweet 16's, and even CBGB's in the city. Just this past month we recorded our new demo and it is freakin amazing. We have an enormous fan base and recently I proposed to the group that we get them "out there." Being well known as a local band is great but, we have so much potential and I want to do everything in my power to get them known. The band is composed of 2 male vocalist, both on guitar, a male bassist and a sexy female drummer who also does back-up vocals. They are the most dedicated people in the world and they have worked so hard to get this far and I know they can easily go farther. I am willing to send out some of our newly recored tracks, so let me know, because this group is one not worth passing up. Please reply with more information helping my cause and ask to hear some of the music!

I assure you will be pleased!

~John

i noticed a couple of months have past, how has the promoting going, radio is always good , an a lot of gigs.but the main one for me would have to be your multi-media package that you lay down as a stepping stone to introduce your band into the realms an cavernous spaces where they can get seen and heard. hope you are doin ok, all the best Omeric

I'm not trying to be a jerk here, but I am going to tell you what most of the incredibly jaded people who work in the music industry would see upon reading your message.

If the band's fan base was truly 'enormous', they would already have attracted some interest from A&R types. Since this is obviously not the case, their fan base can not be 'enormous' and your entire message has no credibility.

Second, your 'intro' has absolutely no substance. The fact that the female drummer is sexy will only attract the A&R reps who are looking to get laid. The industry doesn't care that the band's bass player is male. The industry does care about things like style though. What do they play? Are they a cover band? Or are the original? If they play original material, who are their influences?

Third, do they have a website? If not, why? Every band with an 'enormous' fan base should have a web site.

I appreciate that you are working hard to make this band a success, but poorly written intros like this one will only make them look extremely unprofessional. To be blunt, if I were working in A&R, this band could be the Beetles and I wouldn't cross the street to watch them play a gig.

Back