New to this

ok I got a question. I got this artist that is interested in my beats and wants to work with me. He wants me to send him beats cuz he dont have the money. Should I just say no and wait til he gets some dough? I dont want to send him my beats and he takes off without paying, but I also dont want to lose a potential customer. What do you do with new artists? and what does "I want to work with you" really mean?

If you want a client to pay for the beats, he will have to wait until he has some and can pay you. People are assholes.
If you give them something with the promise that they will pay later, you will never see any money. If you don't care
for the money or whether you get paid, then do work for free and don't expect anything. Once in a blue moon you might
get surprised with a client who actually pays you. That's once in a hundred clients.

If he's not willing to pay for whatever the reason may be, he's not a client. He's not even a potential client. He's just a
moocher. People will feed you all kinds of bullshit on why they can't pay you right now. I've heard it all. People will say
anything to get what they want. They don't see you as a real person because it's the internet.

"I want to work with you" means that they want to co-operate without payment. It means they think (like every other
kid nowdays) that they are the hottest shit around and you should be happy to do anything for them for free. Everyone
nowdays thinks they're the next big thing. You poke around a bit around on their motives and you notice people are
entitled monsters. They're not willing to work for some money to pay you for your work, but obviously they would never
work for free themselves. Everyone promises to share their success "when they certainly make it" and take you with them,
in reality most everyone will drop and forget your sorry ass the minute it happens. Ends justify the means for many.

Last edited:
Back