Need Help Producing Album Properly!

djtaynoel44

Hey FP,

I'm a music producer/artist working with new local artists, but I have a couple of questions. In my beats I have a signature sound and voice tag at the beginning of my beats. Building songs with different artists that has not been a problem, because it gives the track extra flavor. Now I have the opportunity of producing an entire album with an artist. At this point do I still use my voice tag (since I'm making every beat)? Or keep it on when promoting radio play to get my name out as well? Also, are there any tips and/or opinions you have in your experience to make this an album that stands out and be done the right way as far as promotion, marketing, etc? Thanks for your feedback.

I'm currently working for Young Noble and Cashis at the moment and both of the artists using beats that has my tag in the begining. That's my signature sound and even if Rick Ross coming through you'll hear that tag. I don't think so it is a problem to leave it there. Justice League does it too

the voice tag should be removed because it sounds unprofessional for the artist who is using the beats. To properly do your album you are going to have to record it well, mix it well and then get it mastered. Your sound quality is very very very important so do what it takes to make it sound good and don't take any shortcuts with it. For example don't mix your beats before the artist actually records over them, mix the vocals and the tracks of the beat together as it was intended and there is no other way to do it right. If you need a mixing tutorial of how to mix hip hop correctly send me an email through my site and I'll get 1 to you asap.

Work out a timeline for yourself and the artist to make accomplishments with the album and dont just rush it because you will end up with another pile of useless sh-t for music. The promotion is going to cost you the most if you want it to be effective and show results and keep in mind if you are not willing to spend on that you can pretty much throw in the towel or pray that it does well. The promotion will be the breaking point of whether or not the project is successful or not.

Oh and try to convince the artist to do 3 radio friendly singles for the project, 1 of which you can give away free to draw interest in the project and the other 2 of course you set them up for sale on their own while using them to push the project also.

And now for my sales pitch......... If you hire me to do the mastering for your project I can connect you with free distribution for your album on iTunes, Google Play, Emusic, Amazon and get you radio play on Spotify. I can also show you how to get the most out of your promotion/marketing budget so you can actually reach normal people instead of just promoting your project to a bunch of artists in the same boat who probably will not support it anyway. All the best to you

Back