Do people NOT see the problem with SoundCloud, ReverbNation, etc?

no you told us to look at your site: that is a push

- I am now going to move this thread to collabs as you are intent on pushing your product via this thread

on the point about my site - I am not mad about it; all you demonstrated was that you did not udnerstand the purpose of the site: it is not about selling music (your push) but about providing educational materials - design is irrelevant up to a point; that you made a swipe at me in attempting to defend yourself is only indicative of your own insecurities

BC your bias is showing, again.

Like every third time I come to FP I run into some kind of heavyhanded, poorly disguised, biased moderation.

would you care to elaborate?

ad hominem attacks are not welcome at fp nor is race bias or gender bias or sexuality bias: these are all aspects of hate speech

I did not see any ad hominem attack, or race or genter bias, or any 'pusing' of OPs product. Maybe that one deleted post is where he really went off the handle.

The site link was dropped as an example, not as a recommendation to buy his product.
This thread was not about OPs site until he was baited into defending himself by a completely random mention of 'MLM'.
He came back with facts, in defense. Words were put into his mouth.
Then he was threatened with a ban (wtf), and the thread was moved.

I should be banning you outright given that you have not denied you are engaged in a MLM/Ponzi scheme; in fact your words suggest that you agree with sftraxx's assessment of what you are doing.......

I mean, you are serious with that?
You dont see how ridiculous that is?
A random insinuation from FPs biggest troll (Inspire) = guilty in the eyes of the mod?
"Defend yourself against all random accusations, or get banned?"

When I re-read the thread, it does not come off as just a big marketing push by OP, at all. And it seems like you had your mind made up about OP before this thread was even started.

what ive found in my own personal experience is the casual listener or even potential buyers are lazy or too busy to search through every producers personal page that they might like

when there is a tool where they can have all of their favorite producers in one space

its just too easy for people to stay in one place and have all they want in one place

but i do agree with OP

but there are always ways to use the sites to your benefit especially in this age of all music sounding the same if you can catch your demographics ears its easy to capitolize from that point no matter how you go about it as long as you actually GO ABOUT IT

Not really. Most of the sites for independent acts are horrible. Indie acts should only have their own sites if they can hire some company to create the site for them. People think a do-it-yourself site is cool. Nope, not at all.

There is nothing worse than a bad website for advertising one's brand. Indie acts should focus on the music and let the web experts handle the websites. It makes a huge difference in generating traffic and connecting with fans.

Disagree, you heard of WordPress? You have to do a bit of work, but buy a good theme, some plug ins and you're set.

I did not see any ad hominem attack, or race or genter bias, or any 'pusing' of OPs product. Maybe that one deleted post is where he really went off the handle.

The site link was dropped as an example, not as a recommendation to buy his product.
This thread was not about OPs site until he was baited into defending himself by a completely random mention of 'MLM'.
He came back with facts, in defense. Words were put into his mouth.
Then he was threatened with a ban (wtf), and the thread was moved.

thing is you did not read what was written in three posts (2 deleted (too inflammatory to be sanely edited or just plain attacks) and one was self-edited by the op), so you are missing a large chunk of the discussion leading to the warnings - the ban statement came about as a result of him not denying, true, but also because if you view the site and investigate it smells badly of a mlm/ponzi racket

Back