YouTube Might Soon Remove Hundreds Of Music Videos

Long time coming sadly enough and nothing we say or do will change it because our representatives have not only stopped listening to us but stopped giving a sh!t if they get caught directly opposing their constituents seeing as how they will forget about it come election day and continue to just vote for the idiot by party line.

Ignorance among the populous is what gets us these rulings.

As for YT I am really not surprised there either, this will just give a spot for something else to come in and take it's place such as a rise in Soundclouds user base to bypass the signing away of ownership rights.

sadly the cbs report has it wrong - the commission did not approve a two tier system but opposed it, the dissenting minority votes were for creating a two tier system where companies could buy their required speed - which of course pushes up consumer prices as well

as for the video it will not load for me at the moment - I went to watch it directly at youtube and got "you cannot see this as it is private - login if the originator has allowed you to view it"

do you have another source????

Last edited:
Damnit, them f*ckers made the video private!

I was going to download it too! Could have re-uploaded it.

Well at least the people who saw it are in the know! It should not come as a surprise when Don Fannu...I mean google/youtube tries to shut you down unless you pay to play! Mobilize and capitalize on alternatives ASAP and never put your egg's in one basket! I can't fully hate though, if I owned google/youtube I would want to wet my beak too..just a lil taste!:alcoholic:

mmore gay sh!t going down on the internet...? Greaaat....

A billion users login to YouTube every month and many of them do so to watch their favourite music videos. But that might soon change as YouTube plan to remove music videos of labels that have not signed their new licensing agreement that comes in the wake of launch of its new music streaming service known as ‘YouTube Music Pass’. While giants from the industry such as Universal Music Group, Sony Music Entertainment and Warner Music Group are said to have signed the deal many independent labels haven’t. This might mean that your favourite artists’ videos might be removed from the video streaming site YouTube.

What do you think? please leave your comments in the section below.

Youtube About to Delete All Indie Artists Videos? (well damn)

In only “a matter of days,” some of your favorite videos on YouTube could be gone, possibly for good.
YouTube is preparing to radically change the site, adding a subscription service that is intended to help them compete in the streaming music industry. The Google GOOGL +1.89%-owned video site has already signed new licensing deals with all of the major labels, but many independents are refusing to take part. Apparently, not only are smaller, indie labels not being offered the same deals as the majors, but the contracts that Google is putting in front of them are less than fair.

In order to show their muscle, Google has stated that any label—meaning smaller, independent ones—that does not sign a deal with them will not only be left off the new service, but will have their content taken down from the original, free YouTube. Vice President and Global Head of Business at YouTube Robert Kyncl recently claimed that they already had deals with 90% of the industry, and that they had no choice but to move forward.
“While we wish that we had 100% success rate, we understand that is not likely an achievable goal and therefore it is our responsibility to our users and the industry to launch the enhanced music experience,” he stated.
Rumored to be called YouTube Music Pass, the new service is intended to change the way people use YouTube and stream music, paying a premium to skip ads. In addition, people will be able to download music directly from Music Pass, not just listen. While the field is already crowded with popular programs like Spotify, Beats Music, iTunes Radio, Samsung’s Milk and recently-added Amazon Prime Music, YouTube is easily one of the most used platforms by people to consume music, and can expect initial adoption to be much higher than a new product from a firm just joining the game.

Read More: YouTube Is About To Delete Independent Artists From Its Site - Forbes

Don't know how true it is but interesting nonetheless

Just go to another video site. YouTube needs some competition. They are getting pretty ridiculous with the ads and suggestions.

Is this only for musicians? So things like gaming videos and movie trailers can do whatever the f*** they want?

I'm surprised nobody has posted what the real deal is. They're changing the platform, but no videos are going to be removed. The media didn't understand the initial information and ran with it.

What will happen is YouTube will behave more like a streaming music service when it comes to music and monetization will be different. If you want to monetize music on the new platform, you have to register your videos as music so they can be properly monetized. If you don't, they won't be removed from Youtube, just not monetized through the music service correctly.

All in all, it will probably actually be good for artists. Separating music into a music only service will make things more user friendly and undoubtedly increase the actual amount of music consumed. Music specific monetization will probably earn more too, so you're going to get more plays as well as higher earnings for every play.

Just try to think about it as a Youtube vs. Soundcloud thing. Soundcloud is obviously better for consuming music, but Youtube has a much much bigger market share with the power of Google behind them for actually making artists money from free plays. Take the functionality of Soundcloud, apply it with the market share of Youtube and that's probably what you're getting.

I'm surprised nobody has posted what the real deal is. They're changing the platform, but no videos are going to be removed. The media didn't understand the initial information and ran with it.

What will happen is YouTube will behave more like a streaming music service when it comes to music and monetization will be different. If you want to monetize music on the new platform, you have to register your videos as music so they can be properly monetized. If you don't, they won't be removed from Youtube, just not monetized through the music service correctly.

All in all, it will probably actually be good for artists. Separating music into a music only service will make things more user friendly and undoubtedly increase the actual amount of music consumed. Music specific monetization will probably earn more too, so you're going to get more plays as well as higher earnings for every play.

Just try to think about it as a Youtube vs. Soundcloud thing. Soundcloud is obviously better for consuming music, but Youtube has a much much bigger market share with the power of Google behind them for actually making artists money from free plays. Take the functionality of Soundcloud, apply it with the market share of Youtube and that's probably what you're getting.

+1, the only comment here that's not fear-mongering.

-Ki
Salem Beats

I would add that you need to sign a lopsided contract that favours big labels over true independent artists and independent labels - whilst you can monetise your music, the percentage you have to flip back to youtube is larger if you are not a big label - that much was clear from the outset

Back