Youtube marketing

GuessBeatz

Does anybody have tips on youtube marketing as far as building an audience. When I post music on soundcloud it does pretty well and I'm getting plays and likes. But when I do it on youtube I'm struggling to get 10 views. Maybe I'm not tagging my videos properly idk but any advice you guys have would really mean a lot to me

Hello GuessBeatz,

First off I would not recommend anyone purchase plays it could jeopardize your channel and have it terminated. What I like to do is set some time aside and listen to other producers and leave comments and they usually return the favor and you could possibly get a sub as well. It might sound time consuming but it helps I i didn't do it for long and I was averaging a sub a day. I really hope this helps you grow your YouTube channel and assists you on your journey.

Thank you,

Over The Top Beatz
www.overthetopbeatz.com

Last edited:
Agreed with OvertheTopBeatz! Do not buy fake views. Fake views will not up your ranking. Youtube has rules that required viewiers to watch a video to a certain amount of time before it actually count as an actual view. For better marketing, you'll want to optimize your videos for laser targeted keywords. Go to Google Keyword Planner right now and start doing your research. Generally anything under 10k results is a great start. However, if the amount of search results is too high, for example say over 100,000, this means there are alot of competition and probably a lot of people looking for this keyword. If that's the case then drop the keyword and look for other ones. Write a short description of your video around your chosen keywords then at the bottom paste your link. The link can be your blog, a product you are selling, or your Youtube channel. Share your video on social media. Join similar groups and interact with like minded people. Then build backlink to your channel or blog and overtime Google will start indexing and you'll up the rank.

Consistency is key! Set a schedule follow it ask questions and tell them to subscribe. Also definitely look up how to optimize your videos for maximum exposure. Good luck!

Hi Guys

If your selling beats and you want to pay for YouTube ads through AdWords the best route for you would be to target channels of producers who's music is similar to yours.

Let's say a well established producer had 100 videos on his channel.

You could target every video on his channel to trigger your ad.

The great thing about advertising on YouTube is that the first 30 seconds of the ad that gets triggered you don't get charged for ;) anything after 30 seconds is when the billing begins.

With the right kind of video ad you could essentially be advertising on YouTube for free!

So what would make a good ad to get that click to your channel or website?

You would need to capture your audiences attention within the first 2 seconds to stop them clicking away from your ad.

Ideally you would want to use the hottest part of your track to keep your user engaged and then you would need a strong call to action to get the click to your channel or your page.

You want to achieve all of this within 20 seconds so that the lead you are about to collect is free and targeted because you targeted a producer who's beats are similar to yours.

Here's the ad formula broken down.

1. Hottest part of your track within 2 seconds. (grab attention)

2. Strong calls to action for the next 30 seconds

3. Fade out the track at the 20 second Mark

4. Last 10 seconds are silent with your strong call to action.

Your call to action needs to tell the viewer what to do.

Like my channel, subscribe to my channel, go to my website etc

You can use this method to raise awareness about your music.

There's a tool called video drill that makes the whole process of setting up an AdWords campaign a breeze, it's being sold to the public for $55 but you can pick it up in some paid forums for a lot less.

What the tool does is it goes out and finds YouTube videos and channels for any keywords and harvests the urls for each video or channel saving you a ton of work.

It also allows you to set up a YouTube AdWords campaign inside the software so you can import it to AdWords including a daily budget.

I have a copy it is great, I use it and the technique I outlined above for other businesses.

You can get really cheap targeted and free traffic with this method and not a lot of music producers are using this to there advantage!

Plus if your really savvy you could get Google AdWords vouchers for free by buying web hosting for a couple of bucks. Or you could heads over to fiverr to implement this strategy. (must have a fresh AdWords account)

If your interested in the software let me know and I can point you in the direction for a cheaper copy. There are still videos of what this bad boy can do on YouTube. It's called video drill.
Here'a the sales page to the software http://videodrill.org/

Peace

Last edited:
The problem with using Google keyword planner is that those keywords are for Google ads that is why you see a Cpc.

It can serve as a guideline but you should bare in mind that YouTube keywords per visitor will not be the same as Google's estimates.

Consistency is key! Set a schedule follow it ask questions and tell them to subscribe. Also definitely look up how to optimize your videos for maximum exposure. Good luck!
Yeah, you have to put in work. Some of my videos get a lot of views, thant I have some videos that barely get 100.

Back