Your Leasing Options..

wavygrvy

What are the main leasing options for? As is what is the buyer allowed to do with my song and what are they not allowed to do? I know this part is mainly up to me I just want to know the norm so I can judge it from there, can anybody help me out?

MP3 Lease?
Master Wav Lease?
Trackouts Wav Lease?

theres pretty much non exclusive and exclusive leases there is just sub categories on non exclusive leases and things than can and can't do and what quality they are purchasing. go to Rob Dolla$ Beats thats my website check out my leases the prices and the options and then go to license info it will give you a better idea of how I work.

Last edited:
But like what is considered fair? are mixtapes the artist charges for considered non profit?

theres pretty much non exclusive and exclusive leases there is just sub categories on non exclusive leases and things than can and can't do and what quality they are purchasing. go to Rob Dolla$ Beats thats my website check out my leases the prices and the options and then go to license info it will give you a better idea of how I work.

But like what is considered fair? are mixtapes the artist charges for considered non profit?

In a sense it's non profit because most mixtape technically are put out for free. Most music nowadays is put out for free. Music sales is really low even for number 1 records on billboards nowadays compared to how it was 10 or 20 years ago. Something you must consider as a producer. Most artists are getting money through releasing free music, gaining fans, and those fans buy tickets to their shows and their merchandise and the artist goes on tour. And of course if the artist signs a deal they get paid too. Basically in the long run when you get established and your name is out there you want more money upfront for the beat. It's almost like a drug game now lol. Sell the beat high up front and the artist takes that and it reaches a bunch of people who become their fans off the track and they get them to buy tickets and merchandise. A lot has changed.

Last edited:
In a sense it's non profit because most mixtape technically are put out for free. Most music nowadays is put out for free. Music sales is really low even for number 1 records on billboards nowadays compared to how it was 10 or 20 years ago. Something you must consider as a producer. Most artists are getting money through releasing free music, gaining fans, and those fans buy tickets to their shows and their merchandise and the artist goes on tour. And of course if the artist signs a deal they get paid too. Basically in the long run when you get established and your name is out there you want more money upfront for the beat. It's almost like a drug game now lol. Sell the beat high up front and the artist takes that and it reaches a bunch of people who become their fans off the track and they get them to buy tickets and merchandise. A lot has changed.

What about music videos? do rappers buy the exclusive rights beat to make a music video? or do producers let them do that with say a WAV Track Out Lease?

Cool thanks, also when someone buys an exclusive beat and plans on making a track and putting it on itunes, do they contact me for the split sheet info? or should I include that info such as my real name, PRO info, etc?

Cool thanks, also when someone buys an exclusive beat and plans on making a track and putting it on itunes, do they contact me for the split sheet info? or should I include that info such as my real name, PRO info, etc?
Yeah, I would recommend including PRO info upfront. Haven't thought about that before.

Back