Working for a Record Label

JMD_Music

I was looking at the artist roster for Rostrum Records (Wiz Khalifa, Mac Miller) and I noticed they had 6 artists signed to them. I was just wondering how many employees you guys think they have? How big of a team is needed?

Well you need a management team and a promotions team along with a ot of other jobs. I'm sure they have a good amount of employees

I was looking for a range in numbers. Like do they have 8-10 people working on an album release. Do they have 1 person doing all radio promotion? 2 people? Stuff like that.

the amount of ppl you have working on a album release
depends on the company's working capital as well as what the artist contract states ....
and it actually depends on how much the record label/media group wants to push the album

that's why major labels don't develop artists anymore you have to build up your own buzz independently

https://www.futureproducers.com/for...rted/studio-upgrade-what-do-you-think-415775/

-Coach Antonio
"Let Me Handle your next Praise Party"

Make Money from Your Music New Money Marketing Forum*
*Music Business Professionals Read Their Tips
Elite Services for those Who Want to Attain their Goals
Research and Information Gathering Expert
Building Relationships to Build Success
Get the Information and Direction You Deserve
The Walking On Water Media/Ent. Business Coach Antonio​

So I guess it wouldn't be crazy if I took care of A&R, artist development and management, and just had another person running our entire radio campaign.

depends on wide spread your campaigns are

https://www.futureproducers.com/for...rted/studio-upgrade-what-do-you-think-415775/

-Coach Antonio
"Let Me Handle your next Praise Party"

Make Money from Your Music New Money Marketing Forum*
*Music Business Professionals Read Their Tips
Elite Services for those Who Want to Attain their Goals
Research and Information Gathering Expert
Building Relationships to Build Success
Get the Information and Direction You Deserve
The Walking On Water Media/Ent. Business Coach Antonio​

Back