Why Do Top SoundClick Producers Do This?

DAHTrump

DAH Trump
I noticed something. A producer on SoundClick like Vybe Beatz, SuperStarO, or someone else (who gives out free downloads) will put out a banger! Now all their beats are bangers but I mean this one is a BANGER! (Get what I'm trying to say?) After a while they shift it from a free download to not even a paid download but a NO download. Why do they do that? I'm guessing it's to make people want to come to their page more often? Any explanations? Thanks.

Because they might be trying to get more leases for that beat instead of giving it free or making 89 cents (soundclick takes a percent from 99)

Its to make you wait for the next free beat. Not trying to make some people sound stupid, but ffs you guys are like fish on bait. If they keep giving some people freebies, your gonna be hooked on trying to get one. Then your gonna say to your friend "yeah bro, trying to wait for the next free beat this guy is selling". Then that guy is gonna look and then get hooked. Its a perfect marketing strategy, and a blatant one too.

Its to make you wait for the next free beat. Not trying to make some people sound stupid, but ffs you guys are like fish on bait. If they keep giving some people freebies, your gonna be hooked on trying to get one. Then your gonna say to your friend "yeah bro, trying to wait for the next free beat this guy is selling". Then that guy is gonna look and then get hooked. Its a perfect marketing strategy, and a blatant one too.

Ahh, I guess I misunderstood this guy's question then. Cause I was under the impression that he was talking about just randomly making one of the beats no download. A lot of the top producers offer pretty much all of their beats free download. Right now I'm just offering my chart beat for free download so that people will come back for the next free download when I chose my next chart beat.

I understand why KillerKraut said that and that's exactly why I give away freebies on my site, but I'm talking about what seveneleven247 is trying to answer. Why someone gives away freebies and leaves one of the best songs they have as a no download.

I understand why KillerKraut said that and that's exactly why I give away freebies on my site, but I'm talking about what seveneleven247 is trying to answer. Why someone gives away freebies and leaves one of the best songs they have as a no download.

Well mostly when you give away freebies its lesser quality stuff to get someone to buy into your higher quality stuff, they could easily be applying that same logic to beats.

the Freebies they give aren't real freebies they just bait you in by allowing free downloads but you can only listen to them you don't have the rights to use them for a song. They know if you like it enough you will hit them up asking questions regarding the beats and thats when they drop the knowledge on you about leasing non-exclusive tracks at a cheap cost.

Coming from the marketing world, giving away things are never really free. There is usually some effect like 'brand building' or an "upsell'.

So for this case I think their strategy is to:

A. Build their brand to get noticed. Eventually produce exclusive work (for labels, other production houses, etc...). This way they can charge out a huge sum at once rather than a few dollars here and there.

B. This is just an upsell tactic. They will keep the best beat to themselves to build enough hype later on to sell at a premium. Or maybe have you opt in for an email list then to sell beats directly to you through email (that's what I would do at least).

I would probably say that A is the most likely. They don't want to be generic beat makers but something more.

Or they could just simply be crazy.

Back