Where should I place my beats?

MalichiBeats

Where should I upload my beats in order to start building an audience and making beat sales?
It seems like Youtube is over saturated and very difficult to get views on. Soundcloud has been a lot more beneficial for me

I think YouTube has been tagging so you can pop up in the related videos, but ya Soundcloud is specifically for music. Both are fine, but you have the know the little tips on each platforms. Soundcloud used to have groups you can share music into, but not anymore. Tagging common search phrases will help.

I get barely any plays on both. How do i get more plays on soundcloud especially. I use tags too.

^ just have to build a listener base. the tags work a lot better on youtube because videos might pop on the first page of google. but soundcloud is just from a solid and growing listener base, ...and reposts from people who have a lot of listeners.

i am also looking for ways on how to grow my channel and have people check my work, i think Youtube is good. you might also want to share your beat samples to your friends and have them share it to people they know.

Getting out on all platforms is always good. We're building another site that's specifically for producers to post beats and get heard, it's just brutal posting on soundcloud/youtube because there's so much content in so many different genres. Check us out if you can, it's free! Community's growing everyday.
beatthread.com

^ the first time you said that, it was like fair game, pretty cool. But now it's the 17th time...

...lol just put the link in your signature, and you don't explain it every time you post.

Last edited:

You need to focus on having anappealing personality. That is what will get people to know you. Once they know you, they will buy your music.

Back