Where to look?

MickyNeLion

I'm aware that as an artist, I have to start small. I've been producing/singing/songwriting for 7 years now. I want to start aiming as high as possible. Obviously the big names are out of reach, so I have to strategize my way up. My best bet was looking at the more smalltime record labels. But even then I wouldn't know which ones. I've done plenty of research, but it's proven to be difficult. Obviously this road isn't an easy one, I'm aware of the hard work that has to be put in. But do any of you, fellow musicians, know where to start best? Any smalltime record labels perhaps? I'm from The Netherlands by the way. I'd rather work with an American or English record label, though.

Let me know!

Start local or with anybody on this new thing called the internet.. 'They' rly ain't that far outta each.

Obviously, but the people that aren't that far outta reach haven't had as much exposure as the big people on top, so are harder to find. That's why I'm asking if you guys know a good place to start?

Start with Wikipedia and work your way down their list of record label. Just FYI, most labels need to know that you're capable of meeting deadline dates and generating sales. Too many people got to record labels hoping that the label will give the their start in the business. Truth be told, most labels prefer to silently watch musicians until they reach a certain level of entertainment maturity.

Even though I've given you this list, I recommend that you build a website and show people what your made of online.

Back