What's a solid straight forward music marketing course for a beginner I can purchase?

CG Kid

I been mainly working on production and getting my music to a high level as far as quality and talent. I've slaved over this for four years. Never felt I was "ready" until now. Coming December I'm going to finish producing a EP where I give it my all on a few tracks and at least one high quality music video.

I've got the product so I feel it's time to focus on marketing especially once this EP is finished and learn some basic fundamentals in the meantime. All of it seems so complicated. I've seen a few courses/e-books online on how to market, but would like to know my time/money is well spent through references. A lot of the focus will be building a fan base through social media and I would like to start building a local fan base as well.

Just wondering if you guys have any input on a course to lay down the ground work.

Also, a music marketing class is offered at my college. Has anyone here had experience with such a class? And was it effective for the time spent?

Thank you!

Last edited:
Don't even spend your money on a marketing course any of the information you pay for you can probably find it just searching online. When doing your research take notes from multiple sources. Capture the commonalities of every source and start there. No one way will work you have to find what's best for you.

Back