Whats The Best Way Of Getting Management As A Producer?

I Was Wondering Whats The Best Way Of Getting Management As A Producer? Coz I've Been Looking For A Manger For A While But Can't Seem To Find Any?

It is super hard as most of the ones I have spoken to are jokes. I have been told that most managers will hold you back but you still need one. So I am in the same boat as you if I find anything I will keep you posted on my end.

I don't know about the UK but if you're in a big city a entertainment lawyer is your best bet..
you should have one one ratainer anyway... I live in Omaha,Nebraska... it's like the New York of Nebaska...now with that said the other cities more like towns in the state totally wack in population and entertainment all the stuff you look for in a concrete jungle....
but I'm looking to link up with a law firm in town their have a entertainment lawyer as part of the firm..
now I'm also looking at the more bigger name cities in my area..for a entertainment lawyer
1.denver
2.St.Louis
3.Kansas City

with a fax machine and a phone you can do alot of work that way...
and if need be catch a flight or hop on a bus or drive to that near by city...
but most entertainment lawyers have industry contacts... or at least understand the entertainment industry..
can help you look over contracts..
I hearing that alot of ent. lawyers are focusing on internet companies that lincense music etc.. and setting up accounts for their clients that way..helping them get exposure
to the original poster your soundclick layout is great and streamline and
beatforyou
you already know how I feel about your site..
I suggest contacting some ent. lawyers and just see what they can do for you
contact 3-5 of them
write down their
pros vs. cons
and chose the best one for your budget and future...
I been brainstorming about how to best chose a ent. lawyer..for my label..for a while now and still doing so.. I want to be well informed on how to chose the best for my needs and budget...
any wise advice for me and the other who posted on this thread and read the thread is much needed.. and should be a huge topic here on futureproducers.. because we should all have a ent. lawyer.. no matter how much you need of their service.. it may be just simple making you a contract... or full blown shopping of your beats and handling all you entertainment based business

Music management may not be a high priority if your main goal is to play music, but it can literally make or break the career of anyone who want to get settled and want to work in the field of music.

Don't want to sound like an ad guy, but try the link in my sig, there's lots of stuff there that can help you out without some1 doing managment for you.

All you need is some information.

The link in my sig has more info generally about succeeding in what you do but it can be easily applied to producer buisness it can all be done via internet.

Trust me, it can help you alot.

Do it yourself!!! You don't need a manager, especially if you are not doing this full time. If making music isn't your full time gig yet, focus on that first and then the managers will come knocking on your door if you are talented and need "management"

Producers shouldn't have managers until their business literally takes every spare minute of their free time and sucks the creative energy out out of them to the point where they can't produce any longer.

I'd focus on your catalog and getting placements and generating some income, as most managers want a % (i.e. 20%) of your revenues/sales/gigs. If you aren't making money, there is no incentive nor anything to "manage"

Check out this link: Articles // Audible Hype its a great DIY marketing/biz blog with lots of good interviews. I'd also suggest checking out someone like Illmind who went from Internet producer to full time producer w/ Major label credits. Illmind still manages his own business and has his assistant do alot of the work so he can make beats. Study some of these dudes and copy or borrow ideas from their success.

There is also some really great interviews on my blog with FULL TIME/CAREER producers. I like to pick their brains about the business/workflow side of production. Check those out: Alkota Beats | Category Archive | Interviews

I Was Wondering Whats The Best Way Of Getting Management As A Producer? Coz I've Been Looking For A Manger For A While But Can't Seem To Find Any?

First of all, why would a manager want to work with you? How much money can you afford to pay your manager? Don't even bother replying if you're trying to get a manager if you can't afford to pay them right now, today.

People seem to believe that managers are the answer to all of their prayers. Managers will not work for you unless you're already making money with your music. Don't even think about hiring a manager if you're not making money because you don't need one. Instead, you should be focusing on making money.

A manager are your employee; therefore, you need too think like a business owner. Don't hire anyone unless you can make payroll.

First of all, why would a manager want to work with you? How much money can you afford to pay your manager? Don't even bother replying if you're trying to get a manager if you can't afford to pay them right now, today.

People seem to believe that managers are the answer to all of their prayers. Managers will not work for you unless you're already making money with your music. Don't even think about hiring a manager if you're not making money because you don't need one. Instead, you should be focusing on making money.

A manager are your employee; therefore, you need too think like a business owner. Don't hire anyone unless you can make payroll.

very true that's my focus now
1.building a buzz/traffic around my site and services
2.turning traffic into money and higher status as a music professional

yes become your own manager learn what you can on your own and build relationships

The Walking On Water Media/Ent. Business Coach Antonio
Research and Information Gathering Expert

very true that's my focus now
1.building a buzz/traffic around my site and services
2.turning traffic into money and higher status as a music professional

yes become your own manager learn what you can on your own and build relationships

The Walking On Water Media/Ent. Business Coach Antonio
Research and Information Gathering Expert

Building a buzz is as simple as reaching out to people who want what you have; and, turning web traffic into money is a numbers games. Doing both will raise your status within the music community as long as you stay constant and consistent.

Last edited:
Building a buzz is as simple as reaching out to people who want what you have; and, turning web traffic into money is a numbers games. Doing both will raise your status within the music community as long as you stay constant and consistent.

in a process of moving to a new home
my front room looks like I'm a hoarder lol.. boxes/bags/heavy duty plastic tubs everywhere
I will now have my own office space yeah!!!

so once I get this move done I can become more consisent on my campaign

Back