What are your music related dreams?

I think the forum is what's dead. lol.

On some real sh*t tho I think most on this forum share your position.

They are passionate about their music and would love to make a living doing it.

The catch 22 here is that when you do cross over and make music for money and the dream becomes a reality it can start to become more of a job and less of a enjoyable hobby [albeit a job you like].

:cool:

Thanks for your reply SFTRAXX.

I hear ya about the forum. It is a pity though. I remember this place being alive and buzzing about 10 years ago or so. Oh well, times do change.

It can be hard if our income depends on being continuously creative. It may create a pressure that is hard to overcome. Of course some of us may be more creative when there is a pressure that is pushing them.

If there is pressure, leave or counter it with something of equal effectiveness.
A dream of mine, revolves around simply knowing as much of synthesis as I can handle.

Atm my dream is to have enough money to buy some good speakers so that I don't have to go to my friend every time I want to actually hear the sub bass :P

OGBama: I agree. Also I think there is honor in 9-to-5, paying taxes and being a part of the society that way. It is taking a responsibility. Clinging only on to music and rejecting other jobs would not be responsible or wise. Good luck with the MCing!

KonKossKang: Ok, cool. If I understood you correctly that's a good advice. Like for example if there's something that exhausts us, there needs to be something that does the opposite. Otherwise there is no balance.

stgprods:Hold on to the dream! :)

Last edited:
My dream is to simply have the possibility to live doing and involved in what I love, the music.

Earn enough money to have real freedom.

Get respect and mentions from greats in the industry.

Make music I'm proud of.

Be recognised as a massively creative individual rather than just a musician.

From the last one, do something unique I'm recognised for.

Mine are
a) to make music that i'm well and truly proud of and that other people genuinely can connect with and...
b) to start making money off my music so I can dedicate more time to that and less time with 9-5s. I also think that once you start making money from your music you can invest more into it (paying for singers, buying more software/hardware, paying for professional mixers etc.)

I'm not aiming to become a millionaire off it, but to live comfortably, be able to travel etc would be perfect.

Back