What are you guys pricing your beats at?

StanleySteamer

Hey guys as the title says I wanted to get a bunch of people who are out there selling beats to post their prices and their opinions on pricing and the markets. When I first started selling beats the first non exclusive leases I sold were for $50. This was about 3 or 4 months ago. Since then I have gotten a few more sales in between but lately I haven't gotten much of any. It could be because maybe my prices are too high even if I have sold a few leases here and there at these prices. I am wondering what you guys think about my prices and the current market and maybe I just need to keep promoting and find more serious artists or should I reconsider my prices? Feedback always appreciated! Heres the link: Rob Dolla$ Beats

I charge $29.90 for my most basic license - Basic Lease - MP3. $50 isn't much for a lease. You just need to promote your beats to the right audience - For example, promoting your beats for a twitter marketing campaign might be wasting your money - most rappers their don't have a serious budget and are rapping for the fun of it, moreover, $50 leases probably won't interest them. I always feel that producers prices shouldn't be decided based on whether or not the artists will approve of it or not. The price should always be decided on the producer. It's there art, their creation. If rappers don't like the prices then so be it.

I charge $29.90 for my most basic license - Basic Lease - MP3. $50 isn't much for a lease. You just need to promote your beats to the right audience - For example, promoting your beats for a twitter marketing campaign might be wasting your money - most rappers their don't have a serious budget and are rapping for the fun of it, moreover, $50 leases probably won't interest them. I always feel that producers prices shouldn't be decided based on whether or not the artists will approve of it or not. The price should always be decided on the producer. It's there art, their creation. If rappers don't like the prices then so be it.

Appreciate the response! I like your beats I checked out your website dope shit bro.

Edit: Where do you normally promote at?

Last edited:
Appreciate the response! I like your beats I checked out your website dope shit bro.

Edit: Where do you normally promote at?

Thanks. I use soundclick a lot. This works best if you spend money daily. Such as on the banner ads. If you have a dope beat and buy banner ads daily you should see a good return on your money. Facebook ads - in my experience though making adverts to get people to buy your beats with fb ads doesn't give amazing results. FB ads should be used to collect emails instead. You can do that by creating a squeeze page. FB is more social/people are used to seeing food pics/funny vids on in their news feed - not ads to "buy hot beats" today etc. With Soundclick a lot of rappers are "ready to buy" "already in the buying mood" so all you have to do is put your music in front of those types of people as possible - the banner ads help a lot.

Thanks. I use soundclick a lot. This works best if you spend money daily. Such as on the banner ads. If you have a dope beat and buy banner ads daily you should see a good return on your money. Facebook ads - in my experience though making adverts to get people to buy your beats with fb ads doesn't give amazing results. FB ads should be used to collect emails instead. You can do that by creating a squeeze page. FB is more social/people are used to seeing food pics/funny vids on in their news feed - not ads to "buy hot beats" today etc. With Soundclick a lot of rappers are "ready to buy" "already in the buying mood" so all you have to do is put your music in front of those types of people as possible - the banner ads help a lot.

How do I purchase banner ads on sound click? I can never find the place to actually purchase and pay?

Log into your soundclick account. Go to your "band administration" Then you click the "promotion tab" Then click the "banner advertisement" tab.

Now, you're ready to purchase the banner ads. From here just select how much you want to spend and what size you want to go for. (2 sizes are available) After you've done that click the "blue next button" This will then bring up Paypal where you can pay.

Note: You can upload your OWN banner if you spend $25 and upwards.

Log into your soundclick account. Go to your "band administration" Then you click the "promotion tab" Then click the "banner advertisement" tab.

Now, you're ready to purchase the banner ads. From here just select how much you want to spend and what size you want to go for. (2 sizes are available) After you've done that click the "blue next button" This will then bring up Paypal where you can pay.

Note: You can upload your OWN banner if you spend $25 and upwards.

Ok cool I got you! I kind of do the same thing on beatstars though. It gets me a few likes and followers and a couple purchases here and there. One time I almost sold an exclusive from it. But overall most of the time just likes and comments which are nice but I would like to see cash lol. Is the sound click advertisement better and give better results and feedback in terms of chances of getting sales?

I can't compare it to Beatstars promo because I've never used Beatstars promo. But the potential to make money from banner ads on Soundclick is there for sure. I have to stress though, to see the best results you'll need to spend daily if you can. If you spend daily for 2 weeks, you should see a decent return on your investment. Thousands and thousands of plays/views - but sales should be there too, providing the beat that is on promo is a dope beat or in demand (Drake Type Beat/Future Type Beat etc) Also, be sure to have a soundclick "VIP" page. If your page is sharp and looking professional, and the beats are on point you should get sales. The more you spend on soundclick the better the results should be - simple as that really. You can always try the cheaper ads, like the $25 one and see what results you get. If you like how it went you can invest more. Good way to test it out without blowing too much money at the start.

Last edited:
I haven't gotten into the leasing game. I sell music on iTunes and stuff but should I start leasing for vocalists to use?? What do you all think? Does it pay off? How do you get started?

Edit: but ya, this is some good info! I'll stick around to read.

Last edited:
I can't compare it to Beatstars promo because I've never used Beatstars promo. But the potential to make money from banner ads on Soundclick is there for sure. I have to stress though, to see the best results you'll need to spend daily if you can. If you spend daily for 2 weeks, you should see a decent return on your investment. Thousands and thousands of plays/views - but sales should be there too, providing the beat that is on promo is a dope beat or in demand (Drake Type Beat/Future Type Beat etc) Also, be sure to have a soundclick "VIP" page. If your page is sharp and looking professional, and the beats are on point you should get sales. The more you spend on soundclick the better the results should be - simple as that really. You can always try the cheaper ads, like the $25 one and see what results you get. If you like how it went you can invest more. Good way to test it out without blowing too much money at the start.

Good advice bro! Check out my sound click page if you don't mind and tell me what you think! SoundClick artist: Rob Dollas Beats - For business inquires please send emails to RobDollasBeats@iCloud.com

Thanks!

I haven't gotten into the leasing game. I sell music on iTunes and stuff but should I start leasing for vocalists to use?? What do you all think? Does it pay off? How do you get started?

It does pay off just there is a lot of ground to cover when promoting yourself i.e. getting through the bullshitters who say they want beats but want them for free. But as long as your beats are dope and you know the business and stuff about licensing and branding you should be good. Invest a lot and good money in graphic designs and logos designs to fit everything. Twitter, Facebook, SoundCloud, SoundClick, etc.

I got started by getting beatstars to host my website. Once I get enough money though I will spent like $5000-$10000 to get a professional SEO developed website that will pop up first on google and all that good stuff and really be doing numbers.

Edit: Check my website Rob Dolla$ Beats or my sound click SoundClick artist: Rob Dollas Beats - For business inquires please send emails to RobDollasBeats@iCloud.com and you will see my beats, my logo and my graphics, and my beats with their pricing and licensing options.

Last edited:
Checked your page. Clean and looks professional. Instant store//payment instructions all looks tight. Beats are nice. Played them on a pc but from what I head still heard the bass ok. Keep at it.

I appreciate that bro thanks a lot! Last question, I am about to get some money loaned to me for an invest of promotion into my business. If you had like 3-5 grand to dump into promotion what would you do and how would you do it to ensure you at least make some sales to get the money back and keep flipping it for more promotion?

I appreciate that bro thanks a lot! Last question, I am about to get some money loaned to me for an invest of promotion into my business. If you had like 3-5 grand to dump into promotion what would you do and how would you do it to ensure you at least make some sales to get the money back and keep flipping it for more promotion?

This is something YOU really need to think about and decide yourself. It's your money/your business. You have to ask yourself "what do I want to achieve from this investment? Do I want tons of sales? Do I want sales and lots of new customers on my mailing list? Do I want to promote my youtube channel to the world? Do I want to rank high in google within the next 3-6 months? When you have an idea of what you want you should set some goals/a plan if need be. Work out costs/time frames, pros and cons etc. What I can say is that whatever I decide, I would REINVEST back into my business. This is how the top sellers stay on top - they constantly reinvest what they make. This is not easy and is probably why a lot of producers don't see "constant results/growth" You have to spend money to make money. Then reinvest that money. Keep growing. Before you spend thousands, be sure to do your research, especially if you plan on paying a professional to do SEO. Be sure you're confident of their services, and what they can offer you. Good luck!

Last edited:
Back