What are some of the problems you face as a music artist.

problem
olivia it has to be marketing. there are no good outlets when it comes to putting out your music whether you're a singer, rapper, songwriter, producer, live instrument player, etc. the majors have soundcloud, youtube, facebook, myspace, itunes, amazon, etc. we have those outlets to but we get massacred every single time because we're nobodies. how can i compete with laidback luke or katy perry? it's damn near impossible because they've got conglomerates and their name. what do i have? talent? not enough anymore.

solution
we need a marketing revolution for no name artists. an attractive and inviting site catered only to the music listener who wants to hear new music from no names and NOT the creator. seriously have you seen the comments to views ratio on sites where the users are 99% musicians like soundcloud or even here on futureproducers? for every 200 views you get like two sad little verbal responses like "wow" or "good job on the chords come check out my sounds!" and by who?? other music creators. not listeners but creators. now lets look at a site like youtube where everybody is a user. you, me, your coworker. all of us. as soon as some random fool puts up a new song by a big brand name artist the comments, likes, a views come pouring in. 100k in an hour?! the choice is clear. we need a new outlet for no named artists who are putting out good, quality music. i think i'm going to blog this. :-)

Arthur_D's sets on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

I cried this is such a good point

Back