What platforms do producers have? Why doesnt a media outlet exist for producers

charliejabaley

As a manager in the music industry, i always wanted to know why producers do not have a media outlet that reports the producer news, the producer videos, etc.

here in atlanta, producers are becoming the new trendsetters, the stars...

I manage 2 chainz and watching what these producers are doing here is amazing, they are building huge fan bases just like artists are... Why hasnt there been a website that puts the producer at the forefront of the music industry? Or maybe im just missing it... is there a media outlet for producers?

this would be one such outlet but for producers in training with old hands guiding the young ones

Mr. Baley where are you based out of? Is there an email maybe I could contact you at. I recently retained and industry attorney and he's helping me with placements and of course the legal side. I actually have a few questions for you. Thank you

As a manager in the music industry, i always wanted to know why producers do not have a media outlet that reports the producer news, the producer videos, etc.

here in atlanta, producers are becoming the new trendsetters, the stars...

I manage 2 chainz and watching what these producers are doing here is amazing, they are building huge fan bases just like artists are... Why hasnt there been a website that puts the producer at the forefront of the music industry? Or maybe im just missing it... is there a media outlet for producers?

what you are really 2 chainz manager?:berzerk::)

back to the question I would say , that 99% of all producer dont have the money ,the time or know how to make a media outlet, if i look at me , i spend 23 hours a day with producing music and it s very time intensive to search for clients and the business part, how to get payed, copyright music, tradmarking the name, create a logo and all the other things a producer should do
i dont have the time or money or know how for creating a own media outlet, if we look to all famous producer , only the guys who earn a lot of money have this and mostly they pay people who are pro´s in this area

Last edited:
I have to think the trend you speak of in Atlanta is something new, and I'm glad to hear that. But it's been discussed on here how "no average music listener wants to hear 'just beats' with tags on them". I would also guess that most producers would like to hear rappers or singers use their beats and make complete songs, and get attention for being associated with artists who have a built-in fanbase.

That said, most producers are aiming their music AT rappers and singers - not the general public. I suppose rappers could use a website like you're asking for to find new beats. But PMP and iStandard, among others, are already there with producer info and the access to buy beats fast and direct.

So who do you see using a site like that? Producers? Most are probably too busy keeping up with their own grind to honestly care about the next guy. (Could be wrong about that. I have a few people I check in on regularly). Fans? Well, if it's like you say it is in Atlanta, maybe. But I haven't met a lot of "beat" fans ime.

My $0.02

But it's been discussed on here how "no average music listener wants to hear 'just beats' with tags on them". I would also guess that most producers would like to hear rappers or singers use their beats and make complete songs, and get attention for being associated with artists who have a built-in fanbase.2

amen brother. up until recently i thought that it was best to make music that's just trippy. NO. average listeners want something human. they need conceptual music. something relatable like a la la, a catchy phrase. just something they can voice. i learned this some time ago last year but it really hit me just recently after i followed up on kraftwerk's story.

but i think i get what the asker is saying. producers are now being seen as artists by people now. IN AMERICA. abroad, the artist is who ever contributed to the record whether its a singer, rapper, or the producer. producers were never seen or even heard of in the 80s I want to say. nobody (i'm talking about america) looked into the fact that a human being wrote the instrumental. by this time DJs who made the beats had been kicked to the curb. later on, guys like timbaland, the neptunes, etc. started to surface in the 90s but it wasn't enough. now that we're here we're now seeing ordinary listeners ask questions like "who made the beat"? "who's the DJing playing on stage"? things that used to be asked in the 80s are now happening again no thanks to big labels.

Last edited:
Producers have to find the beat customers. As a producer I've come to find you can't just rely on one hustle. A producer with great business and marketing sense is going to definitely get further than a producer just making beats that take up their hard drive. You really need to read, research and learn more about the music and entertainment industry as a whole. It's a lot to offer if you prioritize your grind.

amen brother. up until recently i thought that it was best to make music tat's just trippy. NO. average listeners want something human. they need conceptual music. something relatable like a la la, a catchy phrase. just something they can voice. i learned this some time ago last year but it really hit me just recently after i followed up on kraftwerk's story.

but i think i get what the asker is saying. producers are now being seen as artists by people now. IN AMERICA. abroad, the artist is who ever contributed to the record whether its a singer, rapper, or the producer. producers were never seen or even heard. nobody (i'm talking about america) looked into the fact that a human being wrote the instrumental. by this time DJs who made the beats had been kicked to the curb. later on, guys like timbaland, the neptunes, etc. started to surface in the 90s but it wasn't enough. now that we're here we're now seeing ordinary listeners ask questions like "who made the beat"? "who's the DJing playing on stage"? things that used to be asked in the 80s are now happening again no thanks to big labels.

I agree with this. You really have to brand yourself and find your own lane in this production world. There is plenty of room for us all to get this money.

I don't ever think americans will ever buy or accept a pop record, hip hop, r&b, country, or any record that is aimed at singers of all forms without vocals on it. I only see music from real edgy EDM recordings, jazz, and classical music that can get away with not having a singer. Their formula works but not on big industry radio.

producers were never seen or even heard of in the 80s I want to say. nobody (i'm talking about america) looked into the fact that a human being wrote the instrumental.

we may not be talking about the same aspect of music here, there were at least three big production teams through the 70's and into the 80's and beyond:

Stock, Aitken and Waterman mostly 80's the team behind the early Kylie and Rick Astley

Chinn and Chapman: responsible for lots of stuff in the 70's by Smokie, Racey, a few others

Vanda and Young: mostly Australian acts but also themselves as Flash and the pan

we may not be talking about the same aspect of music here, there were at least three big production teams through the 70's and into the 80's and beyond:

Stock, Aitken and Waterman mostly 80's the team behind the early Kylie and Rick Astley

Chinn and Chapman: responsible for lots of stuff in the 70's by Smokie, Racey, a few others

Vanda and Young: mostly Australian acts but also themselves as Flash and the pan

hmm? but were any of them seen as artists/superstar producers beyond the industry they worked for by the general population? i mean like did they have a face like donna summer, cher, bing crosby? justin bieber? just dropping names everyone please do not hate on the bieber lol

There are music blogs and all sorts of sites that will push that to a larger audience. I can think of several off the top of my head to will promote producers and beat-makers. I know for a fact that they do get some pretty good web traffic on them as well. Believe or not, there are lots of people that will listen to instrumental music without a vocalist. They'll even pay for it.

I don't want to give everything away, but I personally find the concept of making beats and then just trying to couple it together with a rapper to be a painful and ultimately self-defeating way at looking at marketing your music. Just because your beats sound like they are from 1994 doesn't mean your marketing strategy should.

I think you're onto something here. Perhaps a website that has the artist as the centerpiece for content? Like an aggregation of all of an artist's content across all of the social media networks he's on, + more?

Just one little problem. Majority of people need vocals. They're not going to just sit and hear a beat unfortunately. But on the plus side the vocals can be just a catchy phrase. :-)

There are music blogs and all sorts of sites that will push that...

Yeah but it would have to be a site that music listeners would know is strictly based on promoting producers. Not vocalists. A blog is not a site and cann only do so much these days.

Back