What job can you get with a music marketing degree?

Rockaway

Also any colleges that offer a masters degree in music marketing in NY or somewhere in the eastern part?

Pretty sure you can get a job in the marketing department for a label. One thing you can do is try and manage an upcoming artist. Look for work at a PR firm.

Read an article about Quincy Jones on the huffingtonpost.com and he spoke on Diddy. Saying that Diddy has a degree in marketing which is why "in the article" he has success in multiple franchises. Ciroc, Clothing, Justins (resturant just closed) and TV.

The Degree is part of the equation. It will help... but takes a lot more than a degree. If you are going to get a marketing degree, I personally wouldn't specialize in music marketing. You can get the "music" part on the job and from experience. Specialized classes and degrees don't always apply across the board if you plan on doing something else. My degree is in Finance, although I have never worked in the Financial Services industry... I have a pretty strong handle on business and money.

Back