what is a good site to sell my beats on?

It isn't about having a website! It's about being different with your beats...choose a niche that will spend money on them or choose a niche that will build your celebrity

It isn't about having a website! It's about being different with your beats...choose a niche that will spend money on them or choose a niche that will build your celebrity

You say it isn't about having a website; yet, websites are the number one tool used for finding your niche market today. Otherwise, you're shopping your beats the old fashioned way.

Last edited:
You say it isn't about having a website; yet, websites are the number one tool used for finding your niche market today. Otherwise, you're shopping your beats the old fashioned way.

Yes... you don't really a website of your own! Just a website won't give you money/celebrity status or anything else.

There are already websites with traffic like soundclick where you have the traffic, the money but if you don't niche yourself correctly you won't accomplish much.

Niche research is done by researching...not by building a website for yourself.

I don't mean to say that you don't need to have a website! But to know who you want as your clients, what you need to give them to get the money and the sale...all the things like that will help you build a better website for yourself.

You can have your beats on the #1 website and not make 1 sale! And you can be on the #10 website and be #1 in your specific niche and make large volume sales.

Niche research is done by researching...not by building a website for yourself.

This is where website use comes into play. Finding your niche market means finding people who are looking for products and services similar to what you offer.

Almost every website has an AWSTAT report that informs webmasters their specific web traffic results. After reading these reports for the past 2 years, I've found that my niche marketing efforts go to the people who repeatedly visit my website. Yes soundclick has web traffic, but that web traffic is shared with thousands of other soundclick users. You may place high on the chart, but nobody outside of soundclick really notices because google redirects soundclick traffic to soundclick's home page.

With soundclick, there's no real way to see what's working for or against you. Information like is important when finding your niche market. I say the following because most people know they need a niche, yet don't know how to go about finding theirs.

It's simple...

Your niche area of marketing is received by the people who repeatedly see you. When you're doing business face to face, it's easy to see who keeps coming back for more. On the internet however, this can only be done by tracking ip addresses which is what AWSTAT is all about. This report is dedicated to niche marketing and comes with personal websites. You can agree or disagree, but the fact remains that websites are the most powerful and affordable tool that any business owner can have. This includes producers.

I've got a ton of great beats on hand but have yet to really upload and promote my stuff....on the subject of making a career out of this...

I heard if I was to try and make an instrumental 'album' that is meant to be listened to as a whole, I could get sites to review the album and use this as an avenue to find potential beat buyers.

It is time for me to figure this out...I've been doing this for a few years now and I think I've got my sound down

I took a look at SoundClick but that place seems to be flooded with people doing whatever the current 'hot trend' is at the moment.

Are there sites for selling beats that cater more towards an underground or progressive sound?

It really doesn't matter about the platform you use ... Consistency + Customer Service (x) Marketing = SALES !!!! and lots of them !!!

sell on as many sites as you can ...you get a system in place of promotion/marketing
put on flyers locally at the high schools,colleges,laundery mats ...if you have the money put it in ppl's windshield but with flyer marketing you make get 1 to 5 ppl out of 1,000 flyers you get out there so will it be worth??
depending on your promotion budget/compared to your exclusive and lease prices

if you pay $30 for 1000 flyers and get 5 ppl to buy a lease for $20 that $100 which I would put right back into your local flyers campaign
use your own website to market post your website banner link everywhere you can
and become friends on your social network
looking for help click here

A great place to sell beats is on RapInstrumental.net. They take no cut and you can sell as many beats as you'd like for Free! You can even customize your profile and other stuff too...Check it out!

Back