What do you think about this $1 beats theory ?

Well guy, let's talk about serious things.

Yesterday, I asked on facebook if someone knows why some producers sell their beats for only $1.

For me it's was something really bad, because that's mean you devaluate your work by selling your beats for really cheap.

Some agree with me, some others told, it's more easier to sold them because rappers are broke etc etc

Until someone told something that catch my attention...

He told, something like that :

"If you got a fire beat, and you sold it for $1. If you're good you can get 500 to 1k download a week easily. It's more like a marketing strategy."

I take 5 minutes to really understand what I saw...

To be honest,

when I asked this question I wasn't ready for an answer like this. It's change lot of things in my mind.

You know, lot of producers use free beats to build their mailing list and to win exposure.

What if, we do the same things but instead of giving away a beat for free. We use this marketing tech by selling beats for $1 with a lil lease license (something really simple, more limited than our other lease).

I think it could be cool for us producers because it's make some money flow in our bank account, and rappers are glad because they can sell the track and start making few money with their tracks legally.

On the other way, it's really cool.

Because according to the science it's 3x more easier to sell something to someone who already spend money on you.

That's mean, even if the 1st beat you sold (I mean lease) to an artist is only for $1, you get more chance to make him come back spend money on your higher rates beats. I already experience that, people who bought their 1st beats from me when I did a huge discount, come back and spend way more money on my beats.

What do you think about that ? Let's argue !

I'm curious about your thought

Back