What do you guys think of my website?

I thought it looked professional and beautifully made. it was clean, precise, and direct. I really love websites that have way too much crap on the stater page. it's so early 2000s.

Yea i understand that but for those of us working on a lower budget there really are some great tutorials out there to help with designing wordpress websites. If anyone is reading this and thinking about starting their own website I really recommend checking out this guys tutorial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nmZNfHZIEI Helped me out immensely.

Nice beats! but the page is just a beatstars page basically. You don't have anything on your about page either. I am curious how you promote your site and if you have had success selling beats on it

You should check out the Music maker Wordpress theme.. its makes it simple to start selling your beats thru your site and the design is nice and simple.

Yeah i have checked it out. It does have a nice design but I wanted mine to be a bit more original than using the basic go to them for selling beats. Plus I have a blog post section on my site as well.

Time for honest Feedback. There are elements that are both good and bad.

The Good:

I love the use of the banner. It draws attention really well.
You have an immediate call to action which is great. "Click to Begin"
The section for Contact, Services and Listen is well done design wise.
The idea for a blog is definitely a good one. Especially if the blog adds value for the reader.
You have an about section to allow potential clients to know about you and you have another contact form.
The checkout page works really well.

The Bad:
The overall design of the page looks very cluttered. This may be because of the ad placements.
Under the "Buy Licenses" area, you have a dead link.
The blog section is not visually friendly, think about doing a list view instead of a grid.
The Cart vs. Checkout is kind of confusing
You have a "My Account" section but don't specify what it is for.

Overall, I think you have a done set a great foundation but always find ways to improve your site. I don't agree that you have to hire a professional, but I would definitely put in more work into understanding how to improve your own site! I hope this was helpful!

Mark | MhinoProductions.com

Thanks for the feedback! still working on your critiques. Always open to suggestions and how to improve the site. Check out the new blog posts as well for informative tips on production.

Hey, if this is your first website build it isn't a bad effort.

Having said that, there are a few things I would recommend you change to improve your chances of making sales.

Have you ever heard of the term "above the fold"?

In web design terms it means you want to have all your valuable assets visible instantly.

You don't want a visitor scrolling down the page to find the content you want them to take action.

So in your case, your store should be on your homepage right at the top where it can be seen instantly.

Slideshows and large headers actually decrease and distract users especially on e-commerce stores!

You wanna keep your homepage real short. Forget about the intros and niceties, save those for other pages.

You want people to start playing your music instantly (taking action)

They don't need to guess what they have to do or where they have to go because all they can do is press play or buy and that is exactly what you want.

I would also remove the ads from the home page, they are not relevant so no one looking to buy beats is going to be clicking on them.

I would recommend putting the app sumo plugin on your site for tracking users through the heatmap. You will see just how visitors go down your homepage!

A lot of that stuff is not needed. The call to action button doesn't go anywhere of merit. If it directed me to your store it would work better, but it doesn't take me to where I should be going to and that's to your beats.

As a visitor I could be hitting the back button because your making it hard for me to get to your music and you really don't want that!

You need a player on your site, it's what buyers are used to seeing and not having one decreases your chances of sales because your forcing visitors to go from product to product to hear what you have to offer.

Plus the page is in the wrong order, you have a big white space above the fold, then you have some text, then a product list and then finally your store.

It's another turn off that will have visitors hitting that back button!

So rethink your homepage and your store page and track what your visitors are doing using the heatmap.

Don't change anything yet, track what they are doing and see just how many people are hitting your store, I know from experience in ecom that your stats will be low!

See where they go to next and then work on those pages next. Figure out where the hotspots are and place your most valuable assets in those key positions. Above the fold

Good luck

Last edited:
Everything below would be great advice if making your own site produced results! read this first please
https://www.futureproducers.com/for...ng-your-own-websites-you-will-shocked-531693/

Hey, if this is your first website build it isn't a bad effort.

Having said that, there are a few things I would recommend you change to improve your chances of making sales.

Have you ever heard of the term "above the fold"?

In web design terms it means you want to have all your valuable assets visible instantly.

You don't want a visitor scrolling down the page to find the content you want them to take action.

So in your case, your store should be on your homepage right at the top where it can be seen instantly.

Slideshows and large headers actually decrease and distract users especially on e-commerce stores!

You wanna keep your homepage real short. Forget about the intros and niceties, save those for other pages.

You want people to start playing your music instantly (taking action)

They don't need to guess what they have to do or where they have to go because all they can do is press play or buy and that is exactly what you want.

I would also remove the ads from the home page, they are not relevant so no one looking to buy beats is going to be clicking on them.

I would recommend putting the app sumo plugin on your site for tracking users through the heatmap. You will see just how visitors go down your homepage!

A lot of that stuff is not needed. The call to action button doesn't go anywhere of merit. If it directed me to your store it would work better, but it doesn't take me to where I should be going to and that's to your beats.

As a visitor I could be hitting the back button because your making it hard for me to get to your music and you really don't want that!

You need a player on your site, it's what buyers are used to seeing and not having one decreases your chances of sales because your forcing visitors to go from product to product to hear what you have to offer.

Plus the page is in the wrong order, you have a big white space above the fold, then you have some text, then a product list and then finally your store.

It's another turn off that will have visitors hitting that back button!

So rethink your homepage and your store page and track what your visitors are doing using the heatmap.

Don't change anything yet, track what they are doing and see just how many people are hitting your store, I know from experience in ecom that your stats will be low!

See where they go to next and then work on those pages next. Figure out where the hotspots are and place your most valuable assets in those key positions. Above the fold

Good luck

Back