What Do I Send Artists Who Have Purchased An Exclusive/Lease?

E

EllwoodProductions

Hey Guys!
I was wondering What I Need To Send Artists Who Have Purchased An Exclusive/Lease?
Thanks guys! :)

probably some sort of contract or agreement explaining to the artist their rights and limits regarding the beats. ( max # of copies allowed, royalties, etc.)

Send them the contract file, thank them for purchasing your beat & ask them to submit the final record (song) the'll feel much better if you ask them to submit the music they do on your beat coz it wont make u look like just a hustler but a guy who wants to network

Send them the contract file, thank them for purchasing your beat & ask them to submit the final record (song) the'll feel much better if you ask them to submit the music they do on your beat coz it wont make u look like just a hustler but a guy who wants to network
Thanks for that man! Also what does the contract file have to look like? what are the most important things it should contain? and can it be simple?

Thanks for that man! Also what does the contract file have to look like? what are the most important things it should contain? and can it be simple?

Yes it can be simple. I think you should have a more complicated one and a simplified one. The more complicated one makes you look like you know what you're doing and makes it known you are no simple guy to mess with. The simplified version will make you seem like a more caring, honest guy who is willing to help the artist understand something.

Contracts are usually summarized/simplified like this:

- # of commercial use allowed
- How much copies can be distributed.
- Who owns the beat. (If it's a lease, the producer owns the beat. if it's an exclusive usually the artist owns the beat, but it depends on what you want)

Yes it can be simple. I think you should have a more complicated one and a simplified one. The more complicated one makes you look like you know what you're doing and makes it known you are no simple guy to mess with. The simplified version will make you seem like a more caring, honest guy who is willing to help the artist understand something.

Contracts are usually summarized/simplified like this:

- # of commercial use allowed
- How much copies can be distributed.
- Who owns the beat. (If it's a lease, the producer owns the beat. if it's an exclusive usually the artist owns the beat, but it depends on what you want)
Thanks for all the help bro appreciate it.

Back