What do i need to release an instrumental album?

Nin Vibe

Hey guys, i was wondering what i need to release an instrumental album? It should be legally released from a label to be called "instrumental album"? Can i release it on my own? Anyone have tried it? Any posts will help me...thanks!

what i need to release an instrumental album?
Instrumentals..

should be legally released from a label to be called "instrumental album"?
Ain't gotta be..

Can i release it on my own?
If you want. I wouldn't use any samples if I did that..

Anyone have tried it?
Nope, but I been gettin beats together for uh beat tape. Beat mixtape. "Instrumental Album". Whatever you wanna call it..

You could probably release it for promotional use or whatever. But if you start selling it for profit then the owners of the sample will want thier cut.

I'm going to be starting a production/publishing company here soon...to add more credibility to my brand and expand onto my media/ent company
I'm think I try to release a compilation album but first a instrumental album but with popular speeches/clean comedy/stuff from public domain...still brainstorming.
Public domain - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia probaby go this route
make the instrumental album really interesting
this will be for profit so ..if I can use audio samples of vocals,etc for free I will

Last edited:
What would be the purpose of the album? Are you in need of a product to sell, or is the album for Demo purposes?

Personally, I wouldn't make an album of instrumentals. Instead, I would release the beats online and filter all sales the a website. This way, I can see who my customers are and what they like. As a result, it would become easier to make more sales over time because I'll know which customers to promote my beats to.

But, that's just me...

What would be the purpose of the album? Are you in need of a product to sell, or is the album for Demo purposes?

Personally, I wouldn't make an album of instrumentals. Instead, I would release the beats online and filter all sales the a website. This way, I can see who my customers are and what they like. As a result, it would become easier to make more sales over time because I'll know which customers to promote my beats to.

But, that's just me...

I'll probably sell the whole thing for $1.99 on CDbaby more for marketing my whole business
and if I'm able to pull in the network of 300,000 to 1,000,000 christian pastors,youth pastors,young group and general christians I have a solid group to provide biblical based music too
as that is what my media/ent is centered around

Last edited:
That an aggressive goal and a lot of people to stay in touch with. When do you plan to accomplish this? Also, how are you going to keep everyone up to date with release, tours, performances, events, etc.?

Those are very ambitious (to the point they're almost impossible) numbers. I'd set your sights a lot lower initially if you are doing this all independently. Maybe in the 1-3K range, if you hustle hard and have a good product to back it up. Even doing those numbers can be a fulltime job if you're doing it all yourself.

I'm not saying you shouldn't reach for the sky, but it's better to exceed your own expectations than fall well short of them.

Good luck.

Those are very ambitious (to the point they're almost impossible) numbers. I'd set your sights a lot lower initially if you are doing this all independently. Maybe in the 1-3K range, if you hustle hard and have a good product to back it up. Even doing those numbers can be a fulltime job if you're doing it all yourself.

I'm not saying you shouldn't reach for the sky, but it's better to exceed your own expectations than fall well short of them.

Good luck.

understand I don't believe in luck at all..sorry and I understand fully by what you mean by "good luck" many don't believe in Christ on this site and I fully understand that.
not impossible actually you have to understand my site will be a place where christian of all faith levels will want to come and hang out in
going to provide some many interesting things for christians and for those interested in having a christ-like lifestyle to do
with the pastors and youth pastors I try to call them every month through skype or just a plain phone
hostbaby provides a amazing,I mean amazing email marketing tool/newsletter

and you have to understand christian are bethren so this goes beyond music...
see my "GET OUT THE PEWS" campaign and "CHANGING HEARTS AND MINDS" network will take 12-36 months to build up in my opinion
I'm going to start contacting head and youth pastors beginning of the year
my goal to do in the next 3 weeks is to finish building the site,write some more blog articles for general music business and somemore on christ centered lifestyle topics,find some interest things I can incorp. into the site that will keep vistors and those who sign up coming back

as well I'll be reviewing christian music EPs,LPs,mixed tapes,singles etc...after focus on and interviewing more underground christian acts I start to contact the more known artists which will get more ppl to come and check out my site as whole

youth pastors are always looking for things to point their youth to go and do and keep it christ-like instead of going to sites that are going against what christ is trying to do in their lives
as I'm a very involved leader in my church's sound team and youth group

I will also be contacting HOPE SKATE ..great place I like witnessing to the youth there
I'm going to stay in contact with those who email with questions,who are on fire for christ,etc....I'm going to be very personal about this
see my main goal is to be relationship that build success rather it's knowing more about christ or selling services or products
hope skate
Hope Center for Kids Home Page

I also work for a faith based business who operates 8 plus hostipals and over 80 clinics in the NE/Iowa area
About Us - Omaha, Nebraska | Alegent Health

the goal is to get well-known artists,pastors,youth pastors and companies to support and donate/sponsors their time and services as well like
http://www.rapzilla.com/rz/
www.dasouth.com
https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=16059053947
http://www.urbanchristianfictiontoday.com/
and tons of others and use affliation marketing to it's fullest potiental without running away folks
I guess it's about tailoring those affliation marketing to the ppl who will coming to the site no just random parterships.

Features | HostBaby

Email Marketing
Email is still the most personal and effective way to interact with your fans. That's why our email tools can't be beat.

ListBaby Newsletter Client
ListBaby is a professional email marketing tool that comes free with all HostBaby accounts. It makes keeping in close contact with your fans a snap. Grow your Email list with our sign up widget and send beautifully designed email newsletter using our designer templates. Drop in images and links and change font sizes and colors.

Upload your current email list to ListBaby in just minutes.

Easily segment your email list by region so that you don't have to email everyone when you just want to send a message to folks in Oregon or Chicago.

see my business is a media/ent business so there are many different directions the company will go..one revenue stream drys up,I'll have several more already in place operating

the money ppl buy the instrumental mxitape or any other music products will be more like donations and you get a product as well,not just a thankyou and God bless. No tricks,no schemes, just solid relationship building and succuessful planning, and marketing so my site and it's goals are met.
check out my mission statement

MISSION STATEMENT
Holy Lamb Media and Entertainment's goal is to provide high quality music,literature,and entertainment media that has strong position in testimony,theology,praise,worship, community outreach, and edifying the church. HLME has Holy Lamb Workers which is group of youth groups and volunteers with mindstates on community outreach and "GET OF THE PEWS" COMPAIGN. Challenging the body of Christ locally and globally to get out the pews and witness amongst the people.

check this video out I will be doing alot of interviewing with artist like this one here
the of my company is to focus ppl on community outreach and THE GREAT COMMSSION ON CHRIST and being professional and heartfelt about it

Last edited:
Yo fataltone, faith requires action in order to be more than simple belief. Mersikil is giving you solid advice that you should take into consideration. Think about it like this...

Your goal is to build a network of 300,000 to 1,000,000 christian supporters. I'm assuming that you want some of these people for financial support. Your brethren of financial supporters are going to be interested in getting results for their individual needs and goals. Therefore, they will be looking for numbers according to their faith, and not yours. Most pastors are concerned with building funds, tithes, and community involvement. Their ultimate goal is to expand their spiritual business. I'm just keeping in real. How are you going to help them achieve their goals, specifically? Scratch their back and they'll scratch yours, sometimes.

Also, there's a huge difference between 300,000 to 1,000,000 people. For sake sake of this discussion, let's say that your specific goal in to build a network 300,000 people within the next three years. This means that your yearly target is 100,000 new supporters. Your monthly goal is approximately 8334 new connections, which equals 2083.5 supporters per week. Compare that to where you are today and this will let you know how realistic your chances are of achieving this goal with 36 months.

I'm not trying to discourage you. As a matter of fact, I would love to see you act on the faith you have and achieve these goals. I know you're in college. I'm not sure about your work situations, nor does it matter. You've recently acquired a van and it will be wrapped soon, if not already. These are all cool marketing and promo; however, marketing will only account for 2% - 3% of your total business at most. I'm telling you this based on years of business experience. Check out my Analytic report below and see for yourself. I've worked with countless business owners that have similar goals to yours; maybe not as ambitious though.

Always remember that money is money and business is business, no matter what industry you work in.

Click Here to see marketing campaign results.

Last edited:
http://www.c12group.com/?gclid=CKWIvuO1_awCFSxrtgodoWamSg
http://abcnews.go.com/WNT/Business/story?id=1503742
check the video at the end of my post and see where my mindstate is at

action is in place....still preparing blog articles and reaching out to some mulit-media ppl but look for the launch of the site by the end of the year..I had to puch back the date to get things the way I want them...but this date is for sure now...no waiting around for other folks help ...I'm going to find resources to do what I need to do to launch and run the site in a successful manner...
my site is a RELATIONSHIP SITE ...as my motto is BUILDING RELATIONSHIPS TO BUILD SUCCESS t
here aren't many ppl I can find that have 1,000's of partnerships with christian based businesses ...they have one or two...my goals is to partnership with ten of thousands from all over the globe...
when I go on site that are for christian "for the youth or urban folks" it's limited there is no real interaction with youth groups ..there are no campaigns...my goal of getting 300,000 to 1,000,000 ppl signed up and involved in the changing HEARTS AND MINDS NETWORK and my
"GET OUT OF THE PEWS" campaign I strong believe I can get them to sign up,share testimonies,enjoy the activities on the site,enjoy reading and viewing my album review section..

having christian acts sign up for this as well...if I'm able to reach and get support from Reach Records,Crossmovement Records,CAJO Records,Pastors like John Piper,artists like MaryMary,Da TRUTH,Kirk Franklin,BannanaFish to show support
I was my site to be a central hub for all christian biblical and entertainment needs..they can find it through my site...
if 300,000 to 1,000,000 christians are signed up my site in 36 months tons of business with christian products and services are going to want to partner with me and advertise on the site...

even if it's only 100,000 ppl
word of mouth is great amongst christians
all it takes is to get one more well known artists to show their support to legetimate the site and it's acitivies and others will join the cause
I will offer partnerships to Youth Groups,Church who push the site...cash and prizes,for the youth groups,CDbaby has partnership where if a site posting your banner and there is a sell then that site gets money..
youth groups need money and chicken dinners and car washes aren't working
my goals is to get state/federal funding to support youth groups and community works

I have already been in contact with a lawyer that help with starting non-profit which the Holy Lamb Workers part of my business is
everyone that signs up for the Changing Hearts and Minds Network have a list of questions to answer
anything special skills,goals will be listed..
this way christians can find skilled christian like carpenter,dj,roofer,money account manager,etc.
this way christian can help other accomplish their goals they listed..finding internships etc....
a true network.....

my company being a media/ent company will also be Hosting Christian based parties
we like to have fun too..the clubs aren't a option for fun ...so there's opportunity there...
going to have alot of stuff going on..on the site..for christian to enjoy,as well learn it's going to be amazing
even if I fail I will win

of course the goal is to start off small grassroot level and build slowly....but to continue to build ..
the christian media/ent industry is building rapidly..ppl are look for media/ent that they can trust for their children and themselves
that's the goal ....I'm going to be contacting tons of christian books stores and start a network for them on the site as well inside the main network...(again this will help my business in the long run when I want to starting selling physical books and CD's)

I'm going to contacts college students who want work with a christian company on videos,mulit-media,etc...
it's going to be a big network ...and ppl love to volunteer for things they feel passionate about and it's good for their college applications

see alot of blogs,site cater to say music lovers
my site will cater to ppl who love music,indie labels,indie artists & products,books,games,art work,theology,business,Christ,those looking for safe things for their kids to be involved in,ect..

I'm going to building a STRONG HUB all these different ppl coming to the site because they can find what they need..
from christian e-zines to christian based clothing
it will be a SAM'S CLUB and more for christian of all faith levels...
using affilation marketing to the fullest potential I can fully fund the website and not out of my pockets
because they are tons of christian based business out there and they need the support

thanks for the advice but I have to set my own goals and if I fail,I will still win
because I will have made many relationships that will help build my success in the long run

I have never seen this done..anywhere...there's too much seperation amongst the CHURCH "the church is believers not building"
my goal is to get rid of the seperation and build common ground and get youth groups from all around the country communicating and work together on common goals...

I dream check the video

Last edited:
Yeah, my brother, sister, and daughter go to KAA every year. Just stay on the path and you'll get where you need to be. Bro, you already know what's up.

Just signed up for hostbaby and waiting for them to finalize things and then I be doing this tomorrow after getting some tires and brakes on my van money come,money go lol

1.Contact your current registrar "A"
2.Check the Admin email account. Verify it is one you have access to. If not, update the admin email account to your current address.
3.Unlock your Domain. It can't get moved otherwise
4.Request your Authorization code for a transfer. You will need it to confirm a transfer, as the owner of the domain
5.Contact your future Registrar "B", and let them know the domain is unlocked and ready to get moved
6.New Registrar "B" will then request to snatch your domain for their registrar
7.You should receive an Email at the domain's Administrative contact (see step 2 above)
8.The Email you receive will have a link in it sending you to a confirmation page for this transfer

writng down all the artists/producers/indie label owners I'm going to interview and do album reviews on
and
writing down all the ppl I want to approach for sponsoring/endorse the site/affliation marketing partnerships

writing down all the activities I want to have available through the network section of the site

doing a searchs on christian youth group locally,then each region of the country then reach out across western europe and south/central america

How are thing going with host baby? Are you all set up now? BTW, you should place the link in your signature that people can find your site and easily see what you're up to.

So, if i want to make an instrumental album with samples, i shouldnt release it legally.

What do you mean, "shouldn't release it legally"?

...you CAN NOT release it legally.

You do not own the samples.

You did not get permission to use the samples.

You are NOT AUTHORIZED to use them.

Simple as that.

---------- Post added at 02:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:10 PM ----------

I try to call them every month through skype or just a plain phone

FYI, if you were to call 300,000 people in a month (working every second, 24 hours per day, 7 days a week, for 4 weeks)... you would have to call/skype a new person every 8.064 seconds.

and if you were to call 1,000,000 people in a month (working every second, 24 hours per day, 7 days a week, for 4 weeks)... you would have to call/skype a new person every 2.4192 seconds.

...and that includes dialing, waiting for someone to pick up the phone and all that other stuff.

...just doing the math.

How are thing going with host baby? Are you all set up now? BTW, you should place the link in your signature that people can find your site and easily see what you're up to.

I been working on it posted a couple of blog articles,setting up my home mostly to links within the site
grabbing up some decent vector images and doing some more blog articles this weekend ..ready for public viewing Jan.1,2012
so rougly in two weeks
once my home page is setup and my netork section setup this saturday I'm going to start contacting christian rap/RnB(rythmn&bible) artists to setup interviews and put up their album/mixtape with my review
hopefully wednesday and thursday of next week really start adding activities that are christian centered and get a social cause facebook page up for the CHANGING HEARTS AND MINDS NETWORK/"GET OUT OF THE PEWS" campaign so I can set up my social network buttons just keep building
love this widget here
Features | HostBaby
easy to do these widgets here
Website Widgets - 10 Widgets to Make Your Website More Social | The HostBaby Blog

just loving the ease of building the site just making sure I chose my content and layout that's it's easy to navigate and read

Back