Website improvements?

RellRomance

I recently decided to start selling my beats and promoting myself seriously after many attempts in the past. I registered my first domain, customized a tumblr, and linked my domain to it. It's temporary while I learn more about advance web design and build something more professional.

Looking for some opinions or suggestions to improve it.

Last edited:
I love the colour scheme you went for. The fonts you used, everything caught my eye. Easy direction to watch I need to know. I actually have no problems with the site. Maybe a glossy background would look good I dunno I like it tho. That cloud 9 beat is nice too.

nice but it takes time to load (admittedly I am stress testing file copies and downloads and audio as well as doing what I am doing at the moment so it may be my machine taking a dump midway through loading your page)

however

the fact that I actually have to scroll down to see your actual site rather than your very nice main image, then your social media icons, then we get to your site proper

would prefer to see some navigation at the top of the page rather than so far down that I am hunting to know what to do and where to click

liked it very much that your player did not kick off as soon as I loaded the page nothing more annoying than hearing music I did not choose to listen to

annoying that your main image at the top of the page hides itself and then reloads when it is back in focus - this is not user friendly coding as it means that somewhere something is downloading or remaking the connection the image...... in fact it is even worse than that - when I go to a different tab or minimise the window and then maximise the image goes through reload cycle into the window

your "follow" floating tab, should fade after a minimum time it is annoying and wastes space and bandwidth for users/visitors

social media icons could easily be at the top of the page floating over the main image

the odd ads that push your site content to the left are also annoying and uncontrollable - remember that visitors that find anything annoying on their first will not return unless absolutely necessary - these should float over the top of the right hand side and then fade rather than shifting content wherever and then relinquishing the space back to the parent site - seems like your page model is slightly broken or deliberately poor.....

Thanks Tazz! You have any music I could check out?

And thank you for the great critique of my website Band.. I would like to clear a few things though:

-The "follow" button at the top of the site is tumblr controlled and I can't find a way to get rid of it.
-Load time is quick on my end (mobile and PC) so hopefully other guests don't experience the loading problems you had.
-I am confused about the ads thing. I don't see any ads on the site, both as a user or guest. That's strange to hear.

Everything else is well appreciated and will be corrected. Thanks man.

Yo,

Your site is actually very clean considering you are working within the Tumblr limitations. You've done a good job considering you're working with free hosting via tumblr.

I too am in the process of developing my brand and marketing online.

I agree with many of the comments above. They can all be addressed fairly easily, and inexpensively, by setting up your own website. I am currently running a wordpress based blog that gives me the flexibility to post beats and update blog posts easily. I bought a theme that was specifically designed for selling music online, so it makes uploading tracks very easy.

It's a standalone site, so I have to pay to host it, but it's actually pretty inexpensive. There are a lot of hosting sites out there, so choose one that works with your budget.

Check the link in my sig if you want to see my site. Also, there's a post that outlines which Theme I'm using called "Top 5 Beatmaker Resources".

Last thing, who did your logo? It came out real nice.

-TB

Thanks Tony.

Yeah Tumblr does have restrictions but being able to use it for the free hosting was better than paying $ every month. As my brand grows and start selling beats, I'll eventually move to a different hosting site and expand.

I learned about WordPress recently and I'm considering moving over in the near future. I like the ability to use plugins on WordPress, which Tumblr does not have. Checked out your site too. It looks really clean and simple. Something I'm sure clients will enjoy.

And I made the logo myself. Fairly easy with Photoshop.

Thanks Tony.

Yeah Tumblr does have restrictions but being able to use it for the free hosting was better than paying $ every month. As my brand grows and start selling beats, I'll eventually move to a different hosting site and expand.

I learned about WordPress recently and I'm considering moving over in the near future. I like the ability to use plugins on WordPress, which Tumblr does not have. Checked out your site too. It looks really clean and simple. Something I'm sure clients will enjoy.

And I made the logo myself. Fairly easy with Photoshop.

I'd definitely move over to WP sooner than later. The sooner you have your own website the sooner you can start building up its 'position' online. Right now you are just helping tumblr's position online. Also, a lot of these free sites will try to put a claim on your content. So be sure and read the fine print.

Good luck

I'd definitely move over to WP sooner than later. The sooner you have your own website the sooner you can start building up its 'position' online. Right now you are just helping tumblr's position online. Also, a lot of these free sites will try to put a claim on your content. So be sure and read the fine print.

Good luck

Thanks for the advice.

I am linking my own domain to tumblr but wouldn't it be the same thing on WordPress of not gaining position online because it's a blog site as well?

I like your website, I thought everything loaded very quickly and it has a great theme. I see you already have shows? If so, where's your Facebook? You're missing out on a huge slice of the social media market without it. I could understand if you're waiting to build your brand more, but it's definitely something you should work on building in the future, that's your bread and butter. Also maybe a merch store down the road?

Best of luck!

Last edited:
If I may...I must say that I loved the designs you made for your youtube videos it looks simple yet elegant Im wondering which program did you use?

The website was great to be honest it looks great specially on a free hosting platform if i had the ability to design my website I wouldve took that same route and used the money that was supposed to be for hosting for promotion or additional gear because for a basic hosting is like 5-9 $ a month that adds up

But other than that great job!

I like your website, I thought everything loaded very quickly and it has a great theme. I see you already have shows? If so, where's your Facebook? You're missing out on a huge slice of the social media market without it. I could understand if you're waiting to build your brand more, but it's definitely something you should work on building in the future, that's your bread and butter. Also maybe a merch store down the road?

Best of luck!

Thank for the great advice. I will build a musician's facebook account in the very near future. Although, I stopped using facebook as far as personal use, I still feel like it's the best social networking platform to build a brand besides your own website. I don't have any shows so far but I'll have my facebook up and running when that time comes. Thank once again!

If I may...I must say that I loved the designs you made for your youtube videos it looks simple yet elegant Im wondering which program did you use?

The website was great to be honest it looks great specially on a free hosting platform if i had the ability to design my website I wouldve took that same route and used the money that was supposed to be for hosting for promotion or additional gear because for a basic hosting is like 5-9 $ a month that adds up

But other than that great job!

Thanks for the critique. As far as the YouTube videos, I actually made everything myself using abode's photoshop and premiere pro (and a lot of patience). I used photoshop for the photo and text and used premiere to add in a little bit of animation and add in the audio (beat). Message me if you need any help.

Thanks for the critique. As far as the YouTube videos, I actually made everything myself using abode's photoshop and premiere pro (and a lot of patience). I used photoshop for the photo and text and used premiere to add in a little bit of animation and add in the audio (beat). Message me if you need any help.

make sure to hyperlink your website pic that's in your sig. here

Nice layout OP.

Which company do you guys use to sell your instrumentals?

Paypal? Or are there better options?

Thanks man! I use Paypal because I've been with them for years while shopping online so I stuck with them. I'm sure there are other better options though.

Back