Web hosting

Which web hosting do you guys use? I'm not necessarily looking for the cheapest, but the most bang for your buck. And also I'm not talking about a sound-click page... Thanks.

I was just looking into this. Was reading up on something that said be careful of the transfering fees.. meaning if you wanted to take your domain to another hosting site, you'll be charged a grip

^ Yeah, DO NOT let your hosting provider register your domain.

Register a domain at namecheap or your preferred domain registrar and then choose a host. It's easy enough to set up domains to run from whatever host you choose.

In spite of recent events with WebHostingPad.com I still recommend them - they are zealous in imposing their sanctions in terms of their abuse clause, but failed in customer relations 101 - they did not send me an e-mail to let me know that there was a problem, just shut me down.

A quick set of back and forth via a support ticket and e-mail resolved the issue (mammoth downloads of a large file chewing up cpu and memory on the host server machine) - solution, redirect the requests for that file to a new page that indicates that it is unavailable as a result of misuse and abuse; you need a little web savvy to do this or you can get them to do it for you if you push nicely.......

Caveats about owning your domains are important - there is nothing worse than building profile and then losing it because you don't have the cash to continue to own the core of the presence/profile: the domain name.

I use doster.com for registration; they may seem expensive but they will guarantee your ownership come what may. I own 8 domains outright and one via webhostingpad - they do not charge an exit fee to take ownership of the domain with you.

Last edited:
Back