Ways to marketing my beats on youtube?

kevorkio

Hey FP fam. So i have been posting my beats on youtube for the last week. I used to do it before but then switched to soundcloud because there were more people checking music over there. But now in the past week my views went up by approx. 800 and it is clear to me that youtube is the way to go for the time being.

I was just looking for advice on how to get my music in the hand of artists. Not major or anything, just artists who are willing to purchase beats or just artists in general.
Also, for now I have only been posting beats on youtube. I want to expand and post tutorials and stuff, but before i do that I want to have a decent fan base so that I can actually help people with the tutorials and not only be talking to a screen for nothing.

Lastly the youtube channel is going to be where I will post everything and then I will put a link to my main website in the description to direct people there since I am thinking of starting a clothing line when I get a good fan base.

What are your recommendations on promoting my videos and getting them heard by actual artists and musicians and not just my facebook and twitter followers?

Thanks in advance!!

Kizzy

I hope you don't mind, but I'll copy and paste a reply that I gave on a similar topic yesterday below. You can apply some of the techniques and I'd instantly recommend you start a blog and also a newsletter.

Doesn't matter, you can't just make a website over night and expect traffic... And furthermore, leads. That's not how life works. And actually, businesses DO tend to make a loss until their second or third year. The difference between you and a typical business is that they make a sale and earn say 3% back of their initial investment, while with one sale you probably make 50% or more. Your investments are probably relatively low, and you probably have no traditional overheads. Therefore, it takes you less sales to earn back your investment. (Also, I was originally referring to your online marketing efforts... Which is all I had to go on)

In regards to your questions, the answer is very simple. Bring them to you. I'm literally in the process of writing about techniques for my marketing blog.

Firstly, you have a lot to do, so I won't overwhelm you with a bunch of things you can do. But do you have a newsletter? No? Get one. Once you stop everything I said you were doing wrong earlier, and set the newsletter up ready for your website. You'll be in a much stronger position.

Come back to this next part when you're ready. Give it a couple of weeks. Save it in a Word Doc or something. I find it's a lot more productive to concentrate on one aspect at a time.

Now you have everything set up... You have your blog and newsletter. After that it's all about the content you put out.

What to write about? Your ideal audience are customer prospects, i.e. PAYING artists. So what should your content strategy be? Whatever artists want to read about. Best mics to buy, how to set yourself up for a studio session, etc. (Note: both topics regard things artists are looking to PAY for - giving you a higher chance they'll be interested in paying for beats)...

You e-mail your mailing list every time you post a new blog post. Doesn't matter how often you post by the way, though 4 a month is a good number to aim for, but more or less isn't wrong. If people tell you "You NEED to keep it consistent and to 2 posts a week", it's generally bollucks advice. If you push yourself to post strictly once or twice a week you'll face burn out/lack of ideas. If your content isn't great, people will think "Oh, he's been posting a bit too much lately" while you leave them wanting more if you post great content. (So don't rush it).

In terms of starting personal conversations, at the end of each post you can write a call-to-action. I.e. "Give me a tweet about which mic you went for". Build a friendly relationship from there, and politely remind them after a couple of interactions that you make beats. Make sure to keep in touch with them, and be genuine. No one likes someone who just comes around when they want something from you.

After that, it's really about optimising your website. All of which can be a long process. I'm currently looking at a difference in numbers for one of my friends website (an artist). I'll probably start writing about optimisation in the next couple of weeks for my marketing blog. If you'd like me to let you know when I do, let me know. I shall private message you or you can sign up to my newsletter (Which'll make my life easier). The blog itself will probably launch next week as I'm still sorting out the design.

Thread where the quote is from: https://www.futureproducers.com/for...y-legal-marketing/how-contact-artists-495156/

Things I would add is that you should learn about keywords. SEO optimisation can increase your You Tube views tenfold. Google Adsense's Keyword Tool will help you understand what topics/phrases people look for.

Also, consider the phrase "build it and they will come". Your tutorials will actually be the reason your fan base grows so you should as soon as possible if you think it'll attract the right leads.

Mailing lists are much more important to you than your social media efforts, so make sure you prioritise appropriately. Mailing lists give a much higher return than a social media tweet or status update.

Hope I've helped!

make sure you're doing a social media campaign tying your facebook,twitter,reverbnation,your official website to your youtube
it should be like spider web of great content and products that are easy for customers to view and purchase
if you don't have a beatstore I suggest
1. soundgine this product has soo...so.soo many features for marketing
and you can integrate Youtube videos right into your beatstore

2.myflashstore
don't let the name fool you they now have a HTML5 player/beatstore so you don't have to worry about your store not showing up on Ipad,tablets,etc.
also has tons of great features

also look into having a logo
you can use https://www.fiverr.com/

I have to say the person who told you about having a mailing list and doing email marketing/newsletter was spot on!!!!!!!
you can try
1. aweber
2.Constant Contact

hope this helps and you can always contact me for one on one help
I have links in my sig. and blog posts on how to connect with your audience/potential customers with direct messaging

I hope Fatal doesn't mind me adding to his post, but there are MANY MANY other ways you can go. And though, since you probably don't trust anyone here to buy something they support, you should consider his suggestions when the time comes.

I know aweber is used by many professionals, though there are alternatives you can Google. I currently use YMLP, though I'll probably upgrade to aweber in the future.

Instead of fiver, I'd recommend 99 designs, more expensive but you get a much better pool of talent. I've found fiver to be more often than not a waste of a fiver.

Can't comment on Soundgine or MyFlashStore. MyFlashStore is very popular in recent years, I'd have rathered a different approach to building a site to sell beats. One which I consider much more personal and unique, and just as easy to build with the tools available nowadays (cheaper too).

Anyway, to conclude, doing all of the above together would be getting way too ahead of yourself. The way this thread is going, you're going to be very overwhelmed by it all. But don't worry. Figure out the way in which you want to go then prioritise.

+1 Soundgine Beat Store

Soundgine is superior over Myflashstore in almost every way. I've used both platforms and Soundgine simply out-converts and brings in more sales, builds email list better. No drilling down into find pricing, its all layed out at first glance.

As "fatalone" mentioned, you can integrate Youtube right into the Soundgine player. This has been such a sales push for me, sh*t really works.

I also have my music on Soundcloud just like everybody else, but it's just for showcasing music (good idea since Soundcloud has the most eyes) Same goes for Youtube. In the end you want to put a link to your main website in the video description, and funnel everybody to your website using Soundgine. I've experimented for a couple years using different funneling and music stores and this is the most consistent method that works for me.

Other valid points covered: SEO, Newsletter sign-ups.

Back