Want to gain experience before I start my label

through this site
ppl on Reverbnation who state that they own a media company or a record label
I like to go after christian indie labels

you should go after pop/RnB/Country labels
yes Country artists have pop songs don't forget that sir

make an announcement on twitter

I just started doing this so I'm giving you some of the ways I'm going after this

at the same time I'm doing a lot of interview I have 15 interview out with producers/blog owners/vocal coaches etc.
I'm letting ppl take their time with the interviews but you should see some new ones up at least by the weekend

I'm creating a internet presence

you can do this for free

read this sir

Time and monetary investment and ROI

-Coach Antonio
"Let Me Handle your next Praise Party"

Make Money from Your Music New Money Marketing Forum
Music Business Professionals Read Their Tips
Elite Services for those Who Want to Attain their Goals
Research and Information Gathering Expert
Building Relationships to Build Success
Get the Information and Direction You Deserve
The Walking On Water Media/Ent. Business Coach Antonio​

Last edited:
yeah it's new sign up tons of great stuff there and more great info and opportunities on there way as well
very beneficial to any music business professional or someone on the come up who is still learning

even music business professionals need to learn new skills and network to make that paper and continue to build their credibility

-Coach Antonio

Last edited:
Do you think getting a masters degree in music business or marketing would be beneficial?

an MBA in general sir
or a four year or even two year bisiness degree you'll pay three times as much to take a music geared business classes

I do suggest you take up this soon as you can
Recording Engineer School; Online Course for Home Studios and Careers in Pro Sound.

this is where I was certified through about 8 years
this will make you a more informed executive producer/label owner

-Coach Antonio

Not really looking into the production/engineering part. If I got a masters degree, my tuition would be free.

you need to look into it you need to know from the business side to the engineering and songwriting

you're going to be a indie label with no staff you're going to have to wear all the hats

and being an excutive producer is one of those hats and knowing audio engineering at the basic level is needed

this is not opinion this is fact
you can research and DIY learn all these different roles as a indie record label owners

this will also help keep costs done if you

come into a recording studio and know exactly what you want to artist to sound like,how you want it recorded,how you want it mixed communicating that to the inhouse audio engineer
you're going to have craft songs/album this is about creditbility

you not just going to be in a office writing checks and making phone calls JMD

running a record label with artists other than yourself is hard work and takes a lot of knowledge on all aspects from music creation to getting the music submitted to the masses in a effective way

-Coach Antonio

Last edited:
Ok, this is a class I can take as soon as I get my bachelors. Pretty cheap too.

like I said you can learn this stuff here on FP in the recording,mixing,and master section

Gearslutz.com is more directed toward audio engineering tons of folks on there with Grammy adward album credits
half million dollar studio
love the site

-Coach Antonio

I have been wanting to try and get back into producing but I found it impossible when I tried to; and I recently sold my midi keyboard. Really wanted to become a producer, have my stuff licensed for all kinds of projects (tv shows, smalls films, etc) and use that money to start the label instead of taking out a loan. Then use my beats for my artists and do the engineering myself.

I really wanted to gain some experience in the music business. I live in NJ in a small town and there’s really not much talent near me. I live at home, go to school online, and don’t have a job so I have a lot of free time I really want to use in order to gain some valuable experience in the music business. I was wondering if there were some things I’d be able to do from home. I want to be able to build some sort of relationships with important people. Just curious if you guys knew of some stuff I could do from my bedroom. Like managing a producer/songwriter. Shopping their music to different A&R's, stuff like that.

I would find an independent record label that you could get in contact with. Convince them to let you do grunt work, and buddy up to the A&R department. I remixed for a record label, and became VERY well acquainted with the staff. I received countless hours of free music consultation from this, and I learned the ins-and-outs including the resources used to be successful in the industry.

I would offer to help, but you left a very vague idea of what you're actually wanting to step into. If you're not an artist like myself it might be considerably harder to use the information I could lend you.

Do some searching on the net.

Brian

Back