upload music on souncloud & Co. or not ( A&R´s dont like it)

i have read that many labels dont like it when anyone send them track and see this tracks on other websites like soundcloud etc.

is this true is it better send only to them or share it over the world wide web

?

i have read that many labels dont like it when anyone send them track and see this tracks on other websites like soundcloud etc.

is this true is it better send only to them or share it over the world wide web

?

Yes, it is true. The reason is because there are so many pirating software's out there that can just snag your song from the internet. There's an entire site out there made to download tracks off SoundCloud to your PC.

Yes, it is true. The reason is because there are so many pirating software's out there that can just snag your song from the internet. There's an entire site out there made to download tracks off SoundCloud to your PC.

You don't even need software to do this. The minute the music is streamed you have it on your computer. I've never had an issue with labels/companies and having music on soundclick or soundcloud. I guess it depends on the person you are sending music too. I've always passworded files and or pages

never had an isse

I'd have to disagree specifically when it comes to music submissions. Many record labels are now utilizing services such as Soundcloud to accept music.

I wrote a detailed post about it in my blog

How To Submit Demos In 2012

If you visit Roc Nations Website, they accept music submissions via soundcloud now.

Submit Music To Roc Nation

Its understandable that people can pirate the music once its loaded online, however its up to the musician to take the proper precautions to protect his/her work properly.

lol, the problem is that everyone is saying another story

some guys accept links to hompage & stream website the other only accepts email because they dont want that the music is on the web before they didnt released it

2 minutes ago i have tried to send 9 emails to A&R´s with 5 good tracks but the problem is that their email storage is only up to 30 mb and my tracks are 50mb

i only got error´s " the email can not be sent , the files are to big" they made me crazy :rolleyes:

Last edited:
They prefer emails more. I got a couple of big A&R's in my circle. It makes more sense. Its easier to compare with a playlist, its easier to pass along for a second opinion without worry of a deleted track. Sometimes they actually do get them to artist and they take the beats for a spin. It just gives them more control. Theres no set in stone way though cuz there could be reasons why they want a link too.

Back