Tunecore distribution

DjFeelgood

I'm planning to put my beats on digital distribution on tunecore but first I wanna get some answers. Does beatmakers actualy put theirs beats for digital distribution or beats just don't belong there. Because most of digital distribution are for done songs with artist. What you think? Can anybody give me some advise ?

You can distribute them, but if anybody buys an "exclusive beat" from you, you have to either remove the song from the stores, or whitelist them (within your distributor, this case tunecore) so they can also use the beat and wont get a copyright claim against them for using the beat. Also if anybody leases off of you, you'll have to whitelist them as well.

...but I think there are better distribution services than tunecore out there. I know tunecore runs the most marketing/advertising so people go to it first. ...but I think others are better. Symphonic Distribution is very good and very cheap (probably the cheapest). Also Ditto is not as known, but a pretty good distributor.

Here's symphonic distribution. I highly recommend them.
Site: Symphonic Distribution: Digital Music Distribution - Sell Your Music Online

Other distributors like Distrokid don't charge a one time fee per release but rather like $10 or something per year...so, it's up to you. I think Symphonic is the best all around deal.

Last edited:
Normally, when your song is used in a video, a copyright claim is automatically detected and filed. The person posting the video can't monetize it. You normally get all of the money. ...unless you let them monetize it, by "whitelisting" the video.

Last edited:
uh, I think they'll just get 100%. It may be 50/50. You may be able to set it 50/50... The money goes to whoever has the ads placed and viewed/clicked on the video/song.

Back