Trademarking HELP!!!

R

rhythmpalace

I need to understand the ins and outs of trademarking my name. I understand a little bit about copyrighting my beats and registering them with the U.S. Copyright office. Now what about trademarking my MC/Rap name so that no one can how do you say steal my swag/ Identity. I been reading a little about it and from what I understan I need to hire a lawyer and shit and he will do some shit lol. Goes to show you how much I really know. PLEASE! Any information will be much appreciated. :victory:

Seems like youve answered it. A Lawyer. I mean i wouldnt worry so much about a trademark. Thats usually when you selling something. meaning Coca-cola is a product that sells its product.

For an artist its a bit different. its usually in most cases if someone "steats or bites" your name its a street thing. Like Rick Ross, Big meech, 50 Cent, all took there names from cREDIBLE streets affiliates. But now there names are so big people respect them so it doesnt matter.

I dont know to much. lol Id just get a lawyer and keep reading/

Hells yeah I got ya. Muh ****a need to get that dough first ya feels me. Time to copyright my beats and sell them shits I guess.

---------- Post added at 08:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:43 PM ----------

Seems like youve answered it. A Lawyer. I mean i wouldnt worry so much about a trademark. Thats usually when you selling something. meaning Coca-cola is a product that sells its product.

For an artist its a bit different. its usually in most cases if someone "steats or bites" your name its a street thing. Like Rick Ross, Big meech, 50 Cent, all took there names from cREDIBLE streets affiliates. But now there names are so big people respect them so it doesnt matter.

I dont know to much. lol Id just get a lawyer and keep reading/

OH SHIT BRUH YOU IN TALLAHASSEE! IM IN CAIRO GA! I'm like 30 mins from you cuzzo!

Yeah...for sure you need a trademark lawyer. This is different than an entertainment lawyer as they only do trade marks and service marks. In my experience you may want to do two things before you see the lawyer and save yourself some cash.....

1. Have an artist draw up a logo for your trademark submission. Your trademark is not only your name, but how it is written. For example Coke. The word is a trademark but also the way it is written on the can is a trademark. This way you wouldn't be able to put out a soda that says Carls but written just like Coke. Keep in mind product slogans are a little different.

2. You can do a search to see if the trademark you want is already taken for free (the lawyer will charge you for this) uspto.gov if you are in the states and do a search on their site.

Good luck and much success brah!

Back