Is There Something Like This In Your City?

RellRellPro

I was sitting banging away at my Maschine in my home studio and along the way got a little uninspired. Whenever I want to get inspired I go to a fellow producers home studio, I rearrange my studio or I take my mobile setup somewhere.

Is there a place in your city, or have you guys heard of a place where you can go to create beats (other than in a recording studio or your buddies home studio) - kind of like a digital music production community where workstations are setup with your DAW of choice equipped with an audio interface, headphones, keyboard controller, and maybe a few creative plugs - and its several stations setup so you can pick and choose a station.

This is sort of like going somewhere to use the internet but instead of using the internet you are using a premade studio setup to create or lay the foundation of a beat.

I wonder if there is a place where aspiring artists, producers, engineers and audio professionals with a genuine passion for music can go to network, create, learn, teach in a studio that is already worked out and setup - the artists can just go in sit and do their thing at a workstation of their choice.

I cannot find the right key words to look for such a place on Google - so if I can paint a better picture - Imagine Dubspot in NYC, the setup, the venue, the space, the whole concept, but instead of paying for classes, artists pay a workstation rental fee and go to town on creating music, network with other artists and also learn in an environment where music creation is the focus.

Back