Taylor Swift copyright suit for "Sparks Fly"!!!! No joke

Heated

Hey fp.com, I've been a loyal member since 02 or 03 and have to say I'm ordering a shirt after I typenthis. Y'all on here have taught me so much it
's insane. Anyways! Iproduce more dance, mellow, and dancey alternative, my name is Chad Grayson Nd I'm from Nor-Cal but check this out:
I have a copyright on a song called state lines & I post
Ed it last June (2010). Well among other reactions for some techno rapremixes I actually got an email inviting me to a catered banquet in hollowed blvd and asking if I could write for Taylor. Well until I heard 'sparks fly' onthe radio and saw the cma'
S I Had no clue theyd stolen my chorus and changed the lyrics... Thus her chorus & whole song would seems to be infringing one my copyright.... I need some older souls with wore experience to help me figure what to do. O AND LOOK UP HER "PROOF" SHE'S HAD IT SINCE 07 IS a GRAINY "fan favorite" video----- a"from 07" with only 5,000 views Last I checked. It's no fan fav, the ***** stole MY property. O notice she doesn't Artie her own songs anymore?

Thanks. Future producers.com over all!

Hey fp.com, I've been a loyal member since 02 or 03 and have to say I'm ordering a shirt after I typenthis. Y'all on here have taught me so much it
's insane. Anyways! Iproduce more dance, mellow, and dancey alternative, my name is Chad Grayson Nd I'm from Nor-Cal but check this out:
I have a copyright on a song called state lines & I post
Ed it last June (2010). Well among other reactions for some techno rapremixes I actually got an email inviting me to a catered banquet in hollowed blvd and asking if I could write for Taylor. Well until I heard 'sparks fly' onthe radio and saw the cma'
S I Had no clue theyd stolen my chorus and changed the lyrics... Thus her chorus & whole song would seems to be infringing one my copyright.... I need some older souls with wore experience to help me figure what to do. O AND LOOK UP HER "PROOF" SHE'S HAD IT SINCE 07 IS a GRAINY "fan favorite" video----- a"from 07" with only 5,000 views Last I checked. It's no fan fav, the ***** stole MY property. O notice she doesn't Artie her own songs anymore?

Thanks. Future producers.com over all!

contact and ent. lawyer and a copyright lawyer get their advice on if you even have a case against Taylor Swift
point-blank
and not to blast you but you should know this
did you register your copyright if not you won't have a case because a copyright lawyer won't really be able to prove much
did you register with BMI as a compsore/songwriter
all this is evidence that a copyright lawyer can pull on and build your case to get you adwarded thousands of dollars and continue royalities as more copies of that song are sold
or the Taylor's lawyer may make a deal to pay you a lump sum amount

blessings

p.s.
check out my WALKING ON WATER SECTION AND WALKING ON WATER BLOG on my website click on the sig banner below
watch out for more great articles on music business

Just my opinion, but I would not go about blaming people till I was more sure about what is going on. Could this have been an honest mistake? And if we are talking about a bad apple, are you sure more than one person knew about this. (Not judging the merits of the case which I don't know about)

I would be looking at this as more of a career opportunity and considering my own reputation as well as others. I would at least want it remembered that I handled things the right way and this might lead to more work in the future.

I'd get all the music evidence I could before first contacting a songwriting organization for advice (The ISA for example), and then a music lawyer.

Don't know about US copyright law much (I'm from UK) but maybe it's a simple case of "my copyright registration came before theirs and the songs are similar enough".

Just my opinion, but I would not go about blaming people till I was more sure about what is going on. Could this have been an honest mistake? And if we are talking about a bad apple, are you sure more than one person knew about this. (Not judging the merits of the case which I don't know about)

I would be looking at this as more of a career opportunity and considering my own reputation as well as others. I would at least want it remembered that I handled things the right way and this might lead to more work in the future.

I'd get all the music evidence I could before first contacting a songwriting organization for advice (The ISA for example), and then a music lawyer.

Don't know about US copyright law much (I'm from UK) but maybe it's a simple case of "my copyright registration came before theirs and the songs are similar enough".

that's why get the advice of a copyright lawyer it's usually free because a lawyer is going want to hear what your case is about before deciding rahter or not to take you on as a client the copyright lawyer is going to tell you ...YOU HAVE A CASE or YOU DON'T HAVE A CASE and see you out the door with a sorry and come back if you need help with another situation

If you have the original music archived and it is copyrighted then you definitely have a case to pursue. Just makesure you have your copyright certificate..

This whole thing seems a little weird and I would question the truth behind this post. Now I am not saying people don't get their song taken because they do and it happens more often then people thing. But there are just some things I have questions on or don't make since.

You say you went to an event and then was asked to write for Taylor. If this was the case then any lawsuits would have to filed against this outfit. They may have sold your work to Taylors camp and cut you out of the deal. If you didn't have a contract then it is pretty hard to proof it is not their property.

Are you a ASCAP member?
When did you copyright your track?

First thing is first....I logged into my ASCAP account and did a title search but I didn't see a song called "State Lines" associated with your name. So you need to find some real proof of when you had the song registered and you also need the "email" that invited you to this so called event. Once you have those then I would contact a lawyer.

The last thing you want to do is come on a public forum doing what you did. In US law it is called defamation of character. This can really mess up your case and might get you sued.

You say you do dance, so are we talking about a remix or the song itself? Later you talk about lyrics so are you saying you wrote this song and not Taylor when she was 16? I don't really get??

Anyway IMHO this looks like BS, so until I hear more I will have to file it there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back