Submitting music to music licensing companies question

Jonford

So I'm planning to submit my music to music licensing companies in hopes of getting some of my music on tv/commercials. I'm registered on ascap as a songwriter not as a publisher. My questions is do these music licensing companies do publishing also? Or do I have to have music already published before submitting to these companies? I see some of the sites mentioning publishing as one of their features, others don't. Anyone familiar with this please help I would definitely appreciate your answers.

you need to be your own publisher, then register with ascap as such

they will then handle the behind the scenes collection and distribution of royalties back to you for you

as for the rest have a chat with desireinspires to get some behind the scenes info/insight

Last edited:
For music libraries, the company becomes the publisher. Music libraries collect the publisher's share and the composer collects the songwriter's share.

But still, you should sign up as a publisher. If you have the opportunity to license your own music, you can collect royalties for being a songwriter and being a publisher. I believe that your music must be available for sale in order to sign up as a publisher.

When I joined ASCAP in 2007, I was selling my music on Soundclick. You should call ASCAP and ask what the current requirements are for signing up as a publisher.

For music libraries, the company becomes the publisher. Music libraries collect the publisher's share and the composer collects the songwriter's share.

But still, you should sign up as a publisher. If you have the opportunity to license your own music, you can collect royalties for being a songwriter and being a publisher. I believe that your music must be available for sale in order to sign up as a publisher.

When I joined ASCAP in 2007, I was selling my music on Soundclick. You should call ASCAP and ask what the current requirements are for signing up as a publisher.

thanks bro this helped

Back