Submitting beats with hooks on them, better than just sending beats?

Guy Gabriel

Do you think it increases your chances with A&Rs forwarding your tracks to artists when you add a good hook on them?
And how about when sending the tracks to the artist himself?
What do they generally prefer?
Am I better off sending the beats with nothing on them since a hook is a hit or miss thing, they might turn down a good beat just because they weren't feeling the hook.

I would like to see answers from people with real experience in the industry, maybe some producers with placements who can comment based on their or their peers' experience.

Thanks

Last edited:
That's a great question. The less the artist has to do, the better for the A&R.

Someone has already made a thread like this. Use the search engine. To keep it brief, yes it does help because it allows more direction. Sure the beat may be hit potential but w/o the right vocals and SOUND it will just be a beat.

If you send in beats w/ hooks it gives direction of where you saw it going. The A&R may like it but the artist they present it to may not. But this is an ave. to potentially earn you more revenue

Nope get off ya butt and get n the studio or clubs. Itsahguttahbeat.com

do both
do everything you can do to support your goals
many ways to get your music hear,sold,build credibility,and built your production company's revenue growth and visibility.

-Coach Antonio
"Let Me Handle your next Praise Party"

Make Money from Your Music New Money Marketing Forum
Music Business Professional Read Their Tips
Elite Services for those Who Want to Attain their Goals
Research and Information Gathering Expert
Building Relationships to Build Success
Get the Information and Direction You Deserve
The Walking On Water Media/Ent. Business Coach Antonio​

Back