In a studio job/internship..please Help!!

_JoelJohnston

Not sure if this is the right forum to post this on but any answers would be highly appreciated.
So im an Producer from Ireland and I got into a school in NY which is meant to start in 2 weeks. I had my flights booked, accommodation ready and all documents complete. I just had to go for a visa interview, which i thought wouldn't be a problem as I had be accepted into this school and I had done everything, visa wise so far. I ended up getting declined..apparently I didn't have enough families ties outside the U.S, as I didn't have a Job to come back to because I make my money off beats. I have a holiday Visa from the last summer I was over in NY so I'm still going over but i can only stay for 3 months. Im looking for studios that are looking for an internship or an in house producer. I have my own home studio and work with local artists so I'm not clueless how thing work. I just need to get more knowledge of pro tools as Ive been using Sonar to mix and record. Anyway if i can get an internship/job I can apply for a work visa which is a lot easier to get. This all has been a shit experience for me as Ive been planning to make the move for a long time. I think its ridiculous that I can't live out my dream because I'm not from a certain country. My twitter is
https://twitter.com/_JoelJohnston if you want to check out my work or get in contact that way. Also my email is jjbeats2011@hotmail.co.uk. Thanks.

Last edited:
Back