Street Promotion for a DJ/Producer who drives around all day for a day job?

Jonny Dibs

For my Mon-Fri day im driving all over the city (Detroit), and even out to other Metro area in Michigan like Ann Arbor, Flint, Lansing, Saginaw, ect. I'm talking multiple spots per day and always a new area everyday. I feel like this is an unusual situation that I should prob take advantage of.

As a DJ/Producer what kind of marketing material would be optimal to leave behind at all these cities? And more specifically what kind of places should I be looking to make the drop at?

If any of you have experience in street promotion or just a cool idea please share that wisdom!

Last edited:
2 sided flyers.

Excellent for promo.

On one side advertising your DJ services ~ the other side, production.

You can pass them out to cats you meet as well as leave a small stack at spots (eg: barber shops, hood liquor stores, urban clothing stores, etc.) with permission of the owners of course. This is a super effective form of promotion that alot of 'online producers' don't have.

Take advantage.

Good Luck.

Last edited:
Yea flyers are definitely going to be happening. That and prob some posters/signs.

Just looking for something creative to do too, something that will really grab attention.

Creative?

You could always wear something like this...

I-Make-Beats-T-Shirts.jpg

Yea...creative/different/attention grabbing.

I was thinking about getting like a 3-4Ft sticker like banner and wrapping it around those light poles and street lights that are already covered up in a thousand ads. Something very plain with only a line or 2 real clean would prob stand out.

Yea...creative/different/attention grabbing.

I was thinking about getting like a 3-4Ft sticker like banner and wrapping it around those light poles and street lights that are already covered up in a thousand ads. Something very plain with only a line or 2 real clean would prob stand out.

Well, If you do decide to do that just be careful because a cop having a bad day can write you a ticket for that. Same thing for putting flyers on windshields too..

Good luck.

Back