Street promo vs Internet promo...what would you do?

As for street promo, I think placing CD's in targeted locations may be more effective than just forcing a CD into someones hand because a person can pick up a CD at their own will.

I think street promo may be best done at the local level and kept to the minority of the marketing campaign.

Our team just come off a 7 month promo run for our artist. The project was a 7 song EP. We released the project with as much professionalism as possible.

We passed out 25,000 copies of the EP in our local market (75 mile radius). We own a duplication company so we were able to press CD's pretty cheaply.

Throughout the promo run, we got pretty good feedback, built up a few fans/supporters & got people reaching out through social media. Although this was cool, we realized that we spent a lot of money just on street promo.

We shot 3 high quality videos to support the project. On 2 of those videos, we implemented a really good promo campaign through social media/internet that got really great engagement & results. These campaigns cost 1/10 of the price that it cost for the street campaigns and were able to reach more people. Great thing about this is, we only paid for results whereas we were paying on the street level whether there was a result or not.

Our artist is about to release a single & shoot a video. We are planning on making this campaign more focused on social media/internet than street promo.

I'd like to hear your opinions. Should we still implement street promo or should we abandon it 100% in favor of the new aged digital promo?

What was the internet promo yall did. What was most effective. I wanna know for my personal plans?

Back