Stop thinking and start doing...

ProducerJC

IndieHost

What's up FP?!

It's been a while since my last thread post and, lately, I've noticed that some of you are over thinking the process of making or selling beats. It seems that you're struggling with simple things like registering for copyrights, or how to release music. The fact is that you're over thinking the process, instead of just putting the music out. In order to start a business, you need customers; and, in order to get customers, you need to build relationships with people who need beats. You must release your music to the public to do that. It's simple!

The fear of making a mistake is usually the cause to over thinking. The problem with allowing this fear to procrastinate by over thinking is it slows the process of making money. Those of you who don't care about making money with your music are in the wrong section of this forum. It's important to make mistakes in this business. Usually, bigger mistakes equal a higher quality lesson learned. As long as the mistakes you make don't kill you, you'll grow stronger and wiser.

Most of us want to be taken seriously, yet most don't put thier money where their mouth is. Talk is cheap, so don't fall into the bottomless pit of chatter. Actions always speak louder than words. Do what it takes to achieve goals without hesitation and you'll find yourself wondering why you didn't start sooner. Do your research and follow the guidelines of the producers who've come before you.

Also, most of you seem to think that music sells itself. To believe this is to believe a lie, because music makers and the professionals backing them are the ones who sell music. We promote/market to the right people and bring the kind of results that generate financial currency. Musicians perform regularly, for money; having fun is a bonus that come with the job. The music business is a business like no other. However, it's still a business. Treat it a such and you'll get the same results that any other business gets.

Last edited:

What's up FP?!

It's been a while since my last thread post and, lately, I've noticed that some of you are over thinking the process of making or selling beats. It seems that you're struggle with simple things like registering for copyrights, or how to release music. The fact is that you're over thinking the process, instead of just putting the music out. In order to start a business, you need customers; and, in order to get customers, you need to build relationships with people who need beats. You must release your music to the public to do that. It's simple!

The fear of making a mistake is usually the cause to over thinking. The problem with allowing this fear to procrastinate by over thinking is it slows the process of making money. Those of you who don't care about making money with your music are in the wrong section of this forum. It's important to make mistakes in this business. Usually, bigger mistakes equal a higher quality lesson learned. As long as the mistakes you make don't kill you, you'll grow stronger and wiser.

Most of us want to be taken seriously, yet most don't put thier money where their mouth is. Talk is cheap, so don't fall into the bottomless pit of chatter. Actions always speak louder than words. Do what it takes to achieve goals without hesitation and you'll find yourself wondering why you didn't start sooner. Do your research and follow the guidelines of the producers who've come before you.

Also, most of you seem to think that music sells itself. To believe this is to believe a lie, because music makers and the professionals backing them are the ones who sell music. We promote/market to the right people and bring the kind of results that generate financial currency. Musicians perform regularly, for money; having fun is a bonus that come with the job. The music business is a business like no other. However, it's still a business. Treat it a such and you'll get the same results that any other business gets.

You make a great point JC. once you start taking the action, everything else will begin to fall into place. If you sit around doing nothing or waiting to get things "just right" you'll likely miss out on great opportunities. I personally have experienced this. As soon as I began taking action with my business and website, things started moving forward in my favor. The minute I stopped treating my business like a business, I noticed rapid decline.

Thumbs up for these words of wisdom!:cheers:

sell...sell!plan and execute!!!
that's what I'm all about now, I finally have my own office space now it's time to stop brainstorming and start taking action to see results

that no fast lane here just hard work and hope to be blessed with great business opportunities

One for free hour of training/consulting click on the banner in the sig.
The Walking On Water Media/Ent. Business Coach Antonio
Research and Information Gathering Expert
Building Relationships to Build Success
Get the Information and Direction You Deserve

What's up FP?!

It's been a while since my last thread post and, lately, I've noticed that some of you are over thinking the process of making or selling beats. It seems that you're struggle with simple things like registering for copyrights, or how to release music. The fact is that you're over thinking the process, instead of just putting the music out. In order to start a business, you need customers; and, in order to get customers, you need to build relationships with people who need beats. You must release your music to the public to do that. It's simple!

People can't steal what does not exist. I swear, people throw ghost, UFO's and big foot's all in their game before they make money.

Great thread. I started realizing I was thinking too much myself about 2 years ago. When I just stopped thinking and did what I wanted I got a ton of support and I am happy with the results of my work. I have made mistakes but I learn from them and get better because of them.

Back