STOP SELLING TO BROKE A$$ ARTIST!! repost

How sucessful has selling beats to artist been for you?

• Very Well

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Doing ok

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

DokMuzic Inc.

I am OBA
Had to re-post in another relevant forum so yall don't miss out. I'm just excited to present this opportunity that most never get.

Sup FutureProducers.com world my dude "Kevin Barnes" has always been helping out future producers via his youtube channelhttps://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8u...8BOXV_mXaQBvAw for those unfamiliar with the name. He's always been giving out strategies and tips on how to become a better professional music producer but never has he dropped knowledge like this. Now first of let me state YOU HAVE TO SPEND MONEY TO MAKE MONEY!!!! Ain't nobody gonna give you a damm thing free and he ain't selling you a no get rich scheme but if you a hot producer and you wanna know how to make real income for your tracks and tired of dealing with the BS from trying to sell to these broke no name, "Oh come on man, hook me up" lame a$$ artist then at least listen to the Multi Platinum, Grammy Award winning producer.

Just go to the link and stop making excuses. Your all welcome

http://tinyurl.com/znw8o5p

Dok music store

Or we as producers could kind of set a pricing standard.
If you sell a beat for 25 bucks then you get 75% ownership of the song.
If you sell a beat for 50 bucks then you get 75% ownership of the song.

When you start breaking into a couple hundred about 250 to 500 then they get more percentage of song ownership.
So if you give a rapper a beat and it's a beat you didn't really take much time to make, or it's not something you don't mind parting with, then you still make some cash while having potential future earnings if the song happens to become bigger than everyone involved expected.

Also a custom made beat, made to order should be a set price. The producers should ultimately create a producer union with an internet scale, so that the price for beats has a standard.

We have to decide how much a beat costs, how much a hook costs, if getting it mixed is automatic, do we charge a base fee for tracking it out? How much do you charge if you write the whole song? If you sample the beat, then you can make them be responsible for getting it cleared. Stuff like that.

We could make it like entry level, local level, and then raise it depending on artist level. And as we determine that, you can figure artist "levels" based on the type of artist whether it be an indie artist, a more mainstream artist, and then levels within those categories.

So say an indie pop artist
an indie rapper

A mainstream rapper
mainstream pop artist

make it like three levels. and someone's "heat" or "on" factor determines where they're at and what you can expect to charge. im pretty sure okayplayer does a hip hop stock exchange where they rate current artists, on some(buy-hold-sell) steeze. (level 1/2/3) we can do that with pop artists and singers as well. Make three sticky posts, with these categories in this section specifically and we can periodically check in and it's constantly fluctuating but always current as we have a council where we can check on a daily basis if need be.

set a standard or range and then negotiate from there. that way producing can be a more realistic hustle/profession. it forces artists that rap and sing to take their craft more seriously. because then roles become more defined, and time gets saved. if i am a rapper or singer and that's what i do, then am i going to go download a demo of some software? to learn how to make my own beats and to "save" me money; when i can skip out on an 8th at the clinic and pay for that beat that i can smoke a blunt and write to? do i really need to sing that hook or write it? or should i hit up producer so and so because they throw that in the beat anyway and i should focus and devote my time to what i am best at.

so a general producer pay scale should help pretty much everyone and promote the "investment" in one's craft.

Last edited:
That business model sounds good in theory but realistically how many artist you know, even the serious ones, That will habitually provide you with residual income. The biggest mistake a producer can do is invest all there money on website dues and marketing only to build up traffic that only gains popularity and low income. And as an independent producer your price demand is only as good as your resume. If you don't have an impressive production resume then you'll be like most awesome producers having A lot of beats on your hard drive and a failing business model because you haven't build enough report to demand anything. Like going to the bank for a business loan but if you have no equity or profitable collateral you will be denied. So once again it sounds good but it is literally so much easier to by pass ARTist and pursue TV/Movie placements and make your money faster and sometimes even get sponsorship.

That business model sounds good in theory but realistically how many artist you know, even the serious ones, That will habitually provide you with residual income. The biggest mistake a producer can do is invest all there money on website dues and marketing only to build up traffic that only gains popularity and low income. And as an independent producer your price demand is only as good as your resume. If you don't have an impressive production resume then you'll be like most awesome producers having A lot of beats on your hard drive and a failing business model because you haven't build enough report to demand anything. Like going to the bank for a business loan but if you have no equity or profitable collateral you will be denied. So once again it sounds good but it is literally so much easier to by pass ARTist and pursue TV/Movie placements and make your money faster and sometimes even get sponsorship.

yeah.

"Secrets" HAHAHA. It's not a secret.

Thousands are doing it and you can learn how in 2 minutes. Save yourself $197. Here's the secret: Make good music for good publishers. There you go. For free.

Back