Steps putting out 1st Rap Album

AnimalRap

I've never put an album out before and I'm coming out with an EP, 6 tracks. I have a well known underground producer producing it, and a well known ex-mainstream rapper. I also have an industry jew A&Ring it, and hes paid with the money i gave him a PR company. The album drops this friday and when that happens I'm expecting them to take over for a month, and my goals for them are to have them send my music to websites for reviews, forum promotion, Soundcloud promo. What else should I be having them do? The A&R is going to shop the album around to labels . I'm going to speak to him in a couple days and need to be focused and sure of what I want. Is there anything else I should be having these guys do for me? I paid them, theyre good to go. Is it really just Label shopping, website & blog reviews, forum /sound cloud promo?

I have a website, my songs are copyrighted, theyre going into digital stores. I have a PR team behind my album for a month, and I plan on doing local shows at open mics , showcases, and at parties. What else can I be doing?

Last edited:
Network with college, community and late night/weekend terrestrial radio DJ's/program director's. Setup interview's, drops and commercials.

Yeah man you've got it planned well i'd say and i hope you already have some sort of a fanbase before cuz if you don't u should of first started with free songs--> free mixtape-->singles. And the guys already mentioned what else you should do i agree with the interviews. Try getting them to hook u up with interviews and do your social media. Either way hope its a success. Best luck to you.

you going the right way bro, perhaps pull together a street team and hit the roads promoting? any chance of getting publicity jump at it! i know a guy who goes around random cities in the UK, hes unsigned and hes shifted over 20,000 CD's of his music, and he dont roll with a team. The key would be to have a clearcut idea of who/what your demographic that your targetting is, and simply to go spots where they be at and market to them. Also, those are the people you will want to market to over and over, so get business cards printed with your social media links and try to get them to follow you on your social media too. hope that means something to you mate:rolleyes:

Back