Starting A Record Label ? . . . Article

My best advice is if you can't sell your own music without the title of a record label DO NOT think about starting a record label. If you can't effectively sell music you can't expect to sell another artist. In today's market you do not need a record label, and if you are completely by yourself I would never suggest starting a record label UNLESS you plan on being a record producer.

My best advice is if you can't sell your own music without the title of a record label DO NOT think about starting a record label. If you can't effectively sell music you can't expect to sell another artist. In today's market you do not need a record label, and if you are completely by yourself I would never suggest starting a record label UNLESS you plan on being a record producer.

But an artist will at some point need a team to handle various jobs of a record label.

But an artist will at some point need a team to handle various jobs of a record label.

That's easily debatable up to some point. I work roughly 100 hours a week on my music business, and I've yet to outsource my operation. By the time you do you certainly wouldn't be on here asking questions.

That's easily debatable up to some point. I work roughly 100 hours a week on my music business, and I've yet to outsource my operation. By the time you do you certainly wouldn't be on here asking questions.

So you handle studio time, web design, recordings, marketing, getting radio play, booking, and publishing.

So you handle studio time, web design, recordings, marketing, getting radio play, booking, and publishing.

I'm not aiming to one up you, but I work over 100 hours a week on my music. I learned web design my sophomore year of high school, but I no longer have the programs for it.

I handle most of things myself minus the previously mentioned, and publishing. I will be moving into publishing within a few months when the time comes.

Brian

yep can be done by one person I plan to do it all
the graphics I play someone to make them of course though
hey DJCosmic you got a soudcloud I'll leave you some comments sir

-Coach Antonio
"Let Me Handle your next Praise Party"

Make Money from Your Music New Money Marketing Forum*
*Music Business Professionals Read Their Tips
Elite Services for those Who Want to Attain their Goals
Research and Information Gathering Expert
Building Relationships to Build Success
Get the Information and Direction You Deserve
The Walking On Water Media/Ent. Business Coach Antonio​

Last edited:
I'm not aiming to one up you, but I work over 100 hours a week on my music. I learned web design my sophomore year of high school, but I no longer have the programs for it.

I handle most of things myself minus the previously mentioned, and publishing. I will be moving into publishing within a few months when the time comes.

Brian

Where can we hear your music?

I'm in the middle of rebranding my music so for now there's not a place; but, I am more than happy to create a private link for you. You're more than welcome to message me, and I'll upload something to soundcloud for you.

Brian
yeah I'll leave some comments on your tracks on soundcloud just let us know when it's up

-Coach Antonio

It's not ready for release, but I'm a reasonable person so here's a private link to the WOP. I'll be going over the track in a few weeks with a fresh pair of ears, but in the meantime I'm writing more tracks for my EP I plan on releasing in October. I'd love to hear comments, suggestions, and critical feedback but at this point I feel that it's more than likely proper volume adjustment through personal preference.

Galactic Frontier 8-1-12 10 02 by cosmicrift on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

Brian

It's not ready for release, but I'm a reasonable person so here's a private link to the WOP. I'll be going over the track in a few weeks with a fresh pair of ears, but in the meantime I'm writing more tracks for my EP I plan on releasing in October. I'd love to hear comments, suggestions, and critical feedback but at this point I feel that it's more than likely proper volume adjustment through personal preference.

Galactic Frontier 8-1-12 10 02 by cosmicrift on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

Brian

check your page Brian

-Coach Antonio

yh this is some good advice , i just started my own indie record label to push my own music and maybe expand in the future. this has made me think about a few things. if you check my sig u will see my first music video on my own label!

Back