Starting with $1,500!

Eastlakerob206

:hello:Ok....I know to get into the music business, you either have to know somebody, who knows somebody, that knows somebody, OR you have to have a lot of money! I don't know anybody BUT I do have $1,500 which isn't that much but that's all I have.

I know there's a lot of producers selling their music, but I'm pretty sure SOME of these guys didn't go through all of this legal stuff yet or did they?

The only way I know to receive money for beats is by meeting with the artist or using Paypal. I know when you use Paypal, you have to register as some type of business AND give them your SSN. The question is, do you absolutely HAVE to have your business, I guess "legalized" before even attempting to create a Paypal business account? I know that you have to pay taxes once you do this. I've already asked about the taxes thing though.

Well anyway
I use to go to Alabama State. I only went for a semester because of my health. I have 'X-Linked Agammaglobulinemia' and had to have 2 surgeries while I was attending the school. I had financial aid, but kept the money in the student account because I used my own money to pay for everything. When I left they said I didn't owe ANYTHING AT ALL, but now I'm getting letters and calls from Williams & Fudge, Inc. I researched these people and A LOT of negative things popped up. Anyway they're claiming I owe them $3,844.

If I do owe anything, which I don't think I do, I would like to have the money to pay. I just don't know how to get started selling my music with the amount of money that I have!

Thanks to anyone who answers!

for your second problem you are going to have to get real legal advice - make sure that you have any documentation indicating that you paid your fees (bank deposits/transfers/ receipts, etc) and any documentation relating to your ending your enrolment, either written by you or by Alabama State

your main question, how to get going in business, get your business registered (Nevada is always good for cheap costs in relation to this); but again you need real legal advice on this score: there are many ins and outs when registering a business that relate to federal, state and city/corporation taxes. Your primary place of business has to be zoned accordingly too - some cities/corporations do not allow you to run any sort of business from your home, so you will need to look into whether a post box is sufficient or if you need physical premises

a lawyer experienced in both problems is better placed to advise you than any one here notwithstanding how many years we have been in the business

Last edited:
Back