Spam beats everywhere

syfer1324

Does it work to spam beats everywhere? I can't really find a place besides twitter so I've just gone to putting them on Craigslist :p not sure if this will do anything but I had someone ask to buy a beat before back in 2015 and I've just started to put stuff on YouTube again and shit but I'm not sure where to advertise it at.

Spamming is never good for business plus as with a lot of things regarding the Net, Craigslist is a danger zone. If where you are located has a scene, try networking offline.

Last edited:
Well maybe that wasn't the right choice of words. I just meant "posting" your beats. Getting them out there not shoving it down people's throats lol. I mean YouTube does a pretty good job in its own I've had people offer to buy my beats just having YouTube get views for me hit I really want to maximize my views.

Labels generally don't sign stuff that has been plastered everywhere already.. but it might work to get your name out initially. If your music is any good. If it's crap no amount of promo is gonna help you..

Spamming, like just "cold calling" ...or today, just messaging everybody and emailing everybody to listen to your song is generally not good. The people aren't in the right mindset to listen to your music, and you'll come off as just bothering them. ...but if you're in a venue at a show or a club, those people are more of in the right mindset for music so it'll work there a lot easier, but it's still a little annoying.

...Ideally, let them come to you. Draw them in with a jawdropping performance, or a super impressive music video, or really good and high quality music.

few local rappers I met said they "buy" beats online and rap over it. For fun, this might be OK but as far as going forward as a true artist, these people need to do better. They all have their youtube videos. It's getting out of hand unless you're on a major label.

Posting places doesn't hurt, if you're working on getting your name out there. Spamming w/ messaging and stuff will probably just make people avoid you. If you're looking for more places to post, check out our new site. We're trying to make it easier for up-and-coming producers to get feedback, get heard, and network with the production community. Try us out, it's free! beatthread.com

Back