Soundcloud Partners

TeddyB2011

@TeddyBDaPrime
what are some of the soundcloud partners do you all use?

I know about the repost network already

are there any others for independent producers and artists?

I just found out about this whole thing. Been seeing featured profiles/crazy banners on soundcloud for a while now but I just found out about repost network and signed up / was accepted in a few days ago. I haven't completed my profile/filled in the tax info/agreed to all their terms yet because I'm a little skeptical. For an account with only ~780 followers, I'm guessing it's probably not even worth it for me to go through with it because my account doesn't generate enough listens to actually earn me revenue? Been trying to learn more about this but haven't found much online. anyone know more about these soundcloud partners?

Normally it is a group of people that have several channels under one name / banner

EDM Zoo Trap
EDM Zoo House
EDM Zoo Tropical

and so on.

But in this context it seems to me something else. What exactly? I am curious for that answer myself too :)!

Normally it is a group of people that have several channels under one name / banner

EDM Zoo Trap
EDM Zoo House
EDM Zoo Tropical

and so on.

But in this context it seems to me something else. What exactly? I am curious for that answer myself too :)!

https://www.repostnetwork.com/#!/

this is what we're talking about. A lot of soundcloud channels (especially blogs or labels/collectives) have what are called "featured profiles". You can tell by looking at the banner - it will say feature profiles and when you mouse over it brings up a list of other accounts that are linked / owned by the same person. for example:
https://soundcloud.com/electrostepnetwork

I haven't finished signing up for repostnetwork but I'm pretty sure if I did, I will be able to have featured profiles/customizable banners on my soundcloud as well. The problem for me is that when you sign up, theres a giant intricate agreement you have to sign and all this legal jargon about tax etc. For someone like me with only ~800 followers, it seems like signing up and being bound by their agreement might not be worth it because I probably won't generate enough listens to earn a decent amount of $. All the channels I've seen with featured profiles have upwards of like 50k followers or somethin, so I'm just skeptical.

Seems like things like these are usually out to get your money, I'm curious though so I'll look into it

Well because money is being made (Monetizing) you can assume it includes parts who pays tax where.

However a contract cannot enforce you to have x amount of followers or y amount of listeners per month and so on. If thats an initial requierment then yes it is possible. But not after your signed up. At least that would be not so legal in the Netherlands.

If you have questions, send them a message. I think that if they are genuine they will reply to your message with answers you can be happy with.

Back