Soundclick or a Personal Website?

mrtemmtation

Debating if I should get rid of my Soundclick and register a domain and start up my own wordpress blog and sell my music on that? It will allow me to have more of a personal connection with potential buyers and fans, which I believe is a very important aspect. Opinions? Pros/cons?

Do a search as this question has been asked dozens of times. I'd go with a personal site as you have total control over it

I'd go with both SoundClick and a personal website, especially if you do this to sell beats. If you have your beats on a lot of places, the chance that someone finds and buys them is bigger. But it does make you look unprofessional if you're in a lot of different places with your beats.

well if you're about to spend money then spend it on a website, it gives you way more professional look :) all u have to do then is crazy promotion

I'd say keeep soundclick.. because people could be searching for beats on the website and randommly run into you on soundclick.. on your personal website, they would have to directly have your web address.. feel me.. you have a higher chance of getting more hits on soundclick..

Thanks everyone! A lot of help. I ended up getting a personal site, which you can check out in my sig. Eventually when i make more money (since I'm a poor college kid) I will also get a sound click. Thanks everyone!

Debating if I should get rid of my Soundclick and register a domain and start up my own wordpress blog and sell my music on that? It will allow me to have more of a personal connection with potential buyers and fans, which I believe is a very important aspect. Opinions? Pros/cons?

Hands down, a website is the way to go. You'll be able to share more information, which most internet users love, and will have a better chance for achieving financial success with your music; even if that's not the goal. I can help, if you're looking for a hand with getting started. Let me know...

Hands down, a website is the way to go. You'll be able to share more information, which most internet users love, and will have a better chance for achieving financial success with your music; even if that's not the goal. I can help, if you're looking for a hand with getting started. Let me know...

I could use some help or more insight.. how should I contact you JC?

Make a twitter & youtube account that way you can stay connected with fans/customers. Soundclick is known across the world so everyone visiting the site knows how to find and purchase music. Use your social media to promote your music and you are good to go!

Back