SoundClick + ISBN?

N

NewFoundation

Hey guys. I've been producing for a couple years and now I feel confident enough to start marketing myself to the public. After doing some research as to which websites are best to start selling on, I've settled on both SoundClick AND iSellBetterNow.

So before I get started, a few questions:

-does a free SC account give me all the basic necessities I need to sell beats? (including, for example, a track player, a way to make transactions, etc) Or would I have to get a VIP upgrade?

-does an ISBN page count as a stand-alone website? Or is it just a set of tools to add to an existing website?

-being new to the marketing side of music producing, what is a reasonable price to start licensing non-exclusive instrumentals? I know this is subjective, but advice would still be appreciated.

I'm experienced in producing and recording and ultimately i plan to get my own dot com website, but as a beginner beat salesman I want to get my feet wet first and see how well I can start building a good reputation. Hopefully SoundClick and/or ISBN will serve me well, but I'm not entirely sure yet. If you're experienced in selling beats and use a different strategy, feel free to share your "secret" to success.

Thanks in advance for any help!

isbn is not a page at all it beat store widget for instant sales
that you can add to your own website or to your soundclick page

take some time and read on isbn's website it's apparent what they do

now if you pay for the isbn's $69 or $149 account you get a free Sounclick layout for your page but you'll need to pay for the VIP membership every month on Sounclick as well

I don't give away secrets however I do coach/consult/train/give direction
to those who want it
view my website by clicking on my banner in my site and contact me for more information
or just read on this forum
make sure you have a paypal account
I have made many posts about this situation
blessings in your adventure

-Coach Antonio
"Let Me Handle your next Praise Party"

Make Money from Your Music New Money Marketing Forum
Music Business Professionals Read Their Tips
Elite Services for those Who Want to Attain their Goals
Research and Information Gathering Expert
Building Relationships to Build Success
Get the Information and Direction You Deserve
The Walking On Water Media/Ent. Business Coach Antonio​

Put it like this you can jus upload to sound click and just sell anything else your paying for easy service like automatic dl wav zip. But if u don't then you have to process all orders manually. I think u will b good with just basic soundclick VIP then after selling check around a lot of people use my flash store. But at the end of the day you have to have people willing to buy

Thanks for the tips, guys. All are appreciated.

My next quick question regards "tagging" my tracks: With my songs on SC will I have to put a bunch of annoying tags/dj vocals in my beats to avoid copycats? Or could I just put my producer tag at the beginning of the track and call it a day.

Thanks for the tips, guys. All are appreciated.

My next quick question regards "tagging" my tracks: With my songs on SC will I have to put a bunch of annoying tags/dj vocals in my beats to avoid copycats? Or could I just put my producer tag at the beginning of the track and call it a day.

that's producer's choice to tag or not to tag
or just tag every 30 seconds

I personally won't be tagging the mess out of my beats
I'll be doing it at the beginning and the end and maybe every min so like 4 four
word to the wise don't focus on beat jackers,copycats
just focus on marketing,promotion,networking and making hot beats
there will always be thieves and copycats
and those thieves and copycats 99% of the time won't be doing anything but playing you music in their car or on their computer freestyling over your beat

-Coach Antonio
"Let Me Handle your next Praise Party"

Make Money from Your Music New Money Marketing Forum
Music Business Professionals Read Their Tips
Elite Services for those Who Want to Attain their Goals
Research and Information Gathering Expert
Building Relationships to Build Success
Get the Information and Direction You Deserve
The Walking On Water Media/Ent. Business Coach Antonio​

Hey guys. I've been producing for a couple years and now I feel confident enough to start marketing myself to the public. After doing some research as to which websites are best to start selling on, I've settled on both SoundClick AND iSellBetterNow.

-does a free SC account give me all the basic necessities I need to sell beats? (including, for example, a track player, a way to make transactions, etc) Or would I have to get a VIP upgrade?

-does an ISBN page count as a stand-alone website? Or is it just a set of tools to add to an existing website?

-being new to the marketing side of music producing, what is a reasonable price to start licensing non-exclusive instrumentals? I know this is subjective, but advice would still be appreciated.

I'm experienced in producing and recording and ultimately i plan to get my own dot com website, but as a beginner beat salesman I want to get my feet wet first and see how well I can start building a good reputation. Hopefully SoundClick and/or ISBN will serve me well, but I'm not entirely sure yet. If you're experienced in selling beats and use a different strategy, feel free to share your "secret" to success.

Welcome to the world of marketing, I've been selling beats on my website/blog for about a half a year now and have seen good amount of success. If you ever have any questions, feel free to contact me through personal message.

Last edited:

I personally have ISBN & SoundClick... You can visit my site to see for yourself SoundClick artist: DAH Trump - DAHTrump.com | Home of Your Next Hit. Period.

Anyways, to answer your question. ISBN can be a standalone or be added to an existing site or both! It's a widget! When you purchase ISBN you are entitled to a free layout from a3layouts. As for soundclick, the free service can work but it's not good enough. VIP allows you to have full customization and looks more attractive to customers. If you have a day job, I recommend getting a day job and investing in promotion of your soundclick page....

SoundClick is good and I would recommend it.. not highly but I'll recommend it... ISBN however, I'll highly recommend that!

Last edited:
Back