Soundclick?!

Stanzah

Was on this regularly almost a decade ago and it was poppin. My question is, is it still? Or are there better/more popular forms of Artist Social Media?

Soundclick is still good you just have to build a buzz

Exactly, regardless of what route you take. It's up ta you.... The only difference between now & then is obvious. It was fresher. Newer. So like I said make your decision which route you wanna go, what you wanna do, & stick with it. G-r-i-n-d.

Based on the demand we see at Beat Brokerz for help endorsing Soundclick pages, I would say that there is still definitely a lot of value in marketing yourself there. Of course, there are plenty of other avenues that are now available, but that does not discount the value of Soundclick!

Thanks for the responses people. And do you think your networking with at least someDECENT Artists because of SC? I Theres alot of Wack mao****ers out there too lmao.

Edit:

Also. A thing thats really ****ing me up is the Sample thing. Thats abit ****ed. Made a new page sometime last year and had it banned, but they kept charging me for my membership (which i got refunded after a few emails). Still My styles changed up alot in the recent years and alot of it is to do with samples. Could just upload non sample stuff though i guess.

Last edited:
Thanks for the responses people. And do you think your networking with at least someDECENT Artists because of SC? I Theres alot of Wack mao****ers out there too lmao.

Edit:

Also. A thing thats really ****ing me up is the Sample thing. Thats abit ****ed. Made a new page sometime last year and had it banned, but they kept charging me for my membership (which i got refunded after a few emails). Still My styles changed up alot in the recent years and alot of it is to do with samples. Could just upload non sample stuff though i guess.

One thing that I've seen a lot recently is people having a SC page but uploading all their sampled beats to separate non SC flash players such as myflashstore.net and embedding them on their SC page. They still aren't banned yet so I'm assuming that they've found some kind of loophole. Something you may want to consider.

Thanks dude, Actually the person i wanted to speak to about this really, cause i noticed this earlier when checking out your page.
Reading your blog kinda made me think i'm not doing everything i possibly can be doing to promote online.

Artist Spotlights worth it?

If you use a sample in your beat, then you are using another persons copyrighted material. And it's likely that you haven't paid for a license to use that sample. Which means that there is a potential lawsuit in the works if the owner of the copyrighted material decides to enforce their rights. Do you think Soundclick wants to be in the middle of that lawsuit?

And even if you obtained a license to use the sample from the owner, then there is a performance royalty due for the streaming of the music over Soundclick (or any site for that matter), as well as a mechanical royalty due for the sale of that music, both by you AND by whoever records on the music. Who's going to pay that royalty? Soundclick? I don't think so. They'd be losing money all day paying royalties for music that their users are uploading.

To boot, nobody wants to release a beat where they have to pay royalties up the yin-yang... to the songwriter, to the recording artist, to the sample owner(s). So you shoot yourself in the foot by making sampled beats, with no hope to go any further than selling $20 leases to no-name artists under the radar.

You see the problem with samples?

Yeah, Thanks but no thanks. Didn't ask for an explanation of this. I fully understand why my page was banned in the first place and thats why i didnt ask. But Sampling is my choice really. As i said, i used to be on soundclick years ago and things used to be different which is why this ban caught me off guard.

I Sample beats cause i like to, alot of my influences sample, although i started off non sampled, and still can...but thats already too much info. Its not even about this.

Last edited:
Back